Re: An EA Account can only be linked to one Amazon account in its lifetime.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An EA Account can only be linked to one Amazon account in its lifetime.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Well,

I guess people are going to google the issue so here is the keyword:

"An EA Account can only be linked to one Amazon account in its lifetime."

"Linked Accounts Found"

Well long story short.

Right now if you want to claim Twitch Prime items you need to link your Amazon Prime Gaming account to EA one.

So you go to 'https://gaming.amazon.com/home', claim items if you got prime sub or a trial and link account after.

But it never tells you that that linking can be done only once.

So if you got 2+ more accounts and you do it wrong like linking the wrong account to EA one there is no way to unlink them without consequences.

If you try to unlink Prime from EA, it will tell you that.

- You can link Prime Account to another EA  account only 6 months after.

- An EA account to unlink it from won't be able to be linked again. EVER.

Sadly you know this only after you do the linking to its kinda a trap that you're not aware of this.

A similar issue exists here but with Epic games.

I've talked to tech support via live chat for 5 hours already.

Right now I have ticket opened with 'no fix available' state.

They confirmed that there is an issue going on so I have to wait.

And confirmed that there are no limitations exist related to that 'lifetime' thing and "This can be unlinked and also linked from your end several time."

So while I'm waiting for a while to get it resolved, I'd like to see how many users got same issue like me.

Amazon support said they got no issues on their end and EA access is unlinked from the amazon account.

Message 1 of 7 (45,550 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (45,416 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@ARZUMATA Let me know if you find a solution
Message 2 of 7 (45,445 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (45,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko 

How to put that... so I sound polite.

As you probably read my post (I hope you did) you can see I did that live chat session.

Meanwhile I'd like to point out that in some regions Live Chat support is not available and only phone call option exists so if user can't talk or deaf he will be simply denied of help I assume.

As speaking of 'who will be advice you further'.

How about that part of a chat transcript who is a 4th agent in a row on same case.

I'll quote a transcript:

Spoiler

( 31m 42s ) Huidrom: Thank you for your patience.
( 33m 0s ) Huidrom: As, I have checked and also consulted your case to our team and our team informs that there is no options available from our end to make any changes manually.
( 33m 25s ) Huidrom: Our team also provided the same link I have provided you for any issue regarding account linking.
( 33m 58s ) ARZUMATA: Well sadly it doesnt work thats the problem.
I dont even have an option to unlink amazon account from my customer portal page.
( 35m 3s ) Huidrom: I totally understand your concern on this and would really love to help you with it. However as this is something which we do not have the options to make any changes from our end manually.
( 35m 24s ) ARZUMATA: So there is no option to do so?
( 36m 14s ) Huidrom: As I have also consulted your case to our team and as our team also does not have any options from there end.
( 36m 35s ) ARZUMATA: So I'll not be able to unlink it competely?
( 37m 37s ) Huidrom: As I have checked and with the link I have provided you should be able to unlink it as we do not have the options to make the changes from our end.
( 37m 54s ) ARZUMATA: Please dear, do not copy paste the response.
( 38m 21s ) ARZUMATA: The unlink option don't work that the issue I just tried.
( 39m 19s ) Huidrom: Yes, I totally understand your concern on this and would really love to help you with it. However as there is no options available from our end to make the changes manually I am informing you the same.
( 39m 33s ) ARZUMATA: Can we escalate the issue?
( 40m 37s ) ARZUMATA: There is some kind of block that doesnt let me connect right account and its totaly can be resolved. Since there is an option to link accounts and if something doesnt work from user side or yours, somebody can definitely look at.
( 41m 3s ) Huidrom: I have consulted your case to our team to see if there is any options available from there end.
( 41m 21s ) ARZUMATA: Okay, so EA tells im on my own right?
( 42m 39s ) Huidrom: As, I have checked and also consult your case to our team and as there was no options available from there end. I am informing you with the same.
( 43m 1s ) Huidrom: If there was any options available from my end I would really have done it for you without any hesitation.
( 43m 17s ) ARZUMATA: Great so you provice a service and if something doesnt work there is no resolution.
( 43m 18s ) ARZUMATA: Okay.
( 43m 29s ) ARZUMATA: Maybe its time to stop paying for game.
( 45m 43s ) Huidrom: I totally understand your concern and for that I have also consulted your case to our team.
( 45m 55s ) Huidrom: I apologize for the inconvenience from my end
( 46m 53s ) ARZUMATA: [redacted]
( 47m 53s ) Huidrom: Apart from this is there anything else I can assist you with?
( 48m 15s ) ARZUMATA: No you even cant help with this.
( 54m 53s ) Huidrom: I totally understand your concern on this and as there was no options available from my end have also consulted your case to our team and our team informs that there is no options available from our end,
( 55m 9s ) Huidrom: What more can I assist you with, I hope you understand.

As a commentary to that kind of a tech support let me quote Wikipedia.

AAA (video game industry)
AAA (pronounced and sometimes written Triple-A) is an informal classification used for video games produced and distributed by a mid-sized or major publisher, typically having higher development and marketing budgets.[1]
Electronic Arts (left) and Ubisoft Montreal are examples of AAA companies in the video game industry.

Sadly EA tech support somehow doesn't fit these budgets as I can see, considering the quality of a help I received so far from agents like Huidrom.

Message 4 of 7 (45,406 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ARZUMATA if you cannot use chat or phone then you can use email to speak with our support.

If our team has advised you that they cannot assist then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change that.

We are unable to assist with any account-related issues on AHQ, as such all we can do is direct you to our live support for issues linked to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (45,396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko 

Sure thing. It's a support's area of responsibility and AHQ def can't and shouldn't handle it.

But as for 'you can use email to speak with our support.'

Well it's not quite right.

Here are two links:

This one followed by your advice:

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Origin  | PC  | Manage my account  | Can't log in

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&issue=cant-...

Email - No. Chat - Yes. Phone - Yes.

So no email at all.

And second one is the same for a region I'm in. Just out of interest.

Email - No. Chat - No. Phone - Yes.

No "Email - No" for both as you can see.

So depending on a country I'm in I may not have options I'd like to use as they are different per region.
Gladly we all can speak more that one language in modern world so there should be no problem to talk through live chat in English and that's what I did. Yet no success so far.

As for email support, sometimes email option becomes available, depending on a problem you choose like real life threats, but choosing a wrong section to get email available will just hinder tech support quality which is not best already and will only introduce delay.

Just to clarify this topic I made just to see how many people are experiencing same issue I got and right now there are at least three (two here including myself and another guy from a different topic in another language).

Hope we can all solve this somehow as it is a definitely an integration issue between EA and Amazon.

Message 6 of 7 (45,384 Views)

Community Manager

Support options will be dependent on the issue you are having @ARZUMATA and it will always select the best option for you. 

This is why email may not show up for you but live chat will.

There is nothing more that we can do on AHQ in relation to the issue you are seeing so I am going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (45,381 Views)