All games and content disappeared

by TheFlyingChicken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All games and content disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've noticed today when coming back from 1 week vacation that my account obviously got hacked (email got changed several times it seems, if I can believe the origin mails I got on my mail address associated to the account), and all the content of the account completely disappeared (games, friends, profile picture).

I set my account's email address back to my own and changed the password, as well as adding 2FA, but now my issue is to regain access to the content I bought over the years, and to my progression in these games.

I've contacted the help desk online but was really disappointed, as I basically got called a lier by an "expert" telling me that games can't disappear if an account is hacked - I have no idea about how they did it, but the games obvisouly DID disappear. 

I also provided my order numbers to prove that I bought games, but that didn't help either in my negotiation with this person.

- BF V got bought while I had an Origin Access running at the same time (for early access to this precise game); and the service guy told me that it was impossible that I bought both, although I did like many others back then 

- BF 3 order number that I retrieved in my emails from 2012 is not recognized in the system anymore it seems, which is fine, if it wouldn't bring me a reaction of being implicitly called a liar

I'm really disappointed and, to be fair, pissed at the service I just received, and would now just like to get my content back - at the very least BF5, which is the only game I play at the moment, on which I had also a lot of hours and unlocks (including payed content like skins).

I would be very grateful if someone can help me or escalate this issue to an employee willing and able to help me, as it seems that the first contact with the support went terribly wrong - both in the result and the manners of the employee.

thank you !

Best regards

TFC

Message 1 of 3 (183 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All games and content disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Quick update: a very nice employee of the US support managed to easily solve my issue, where the French guy couldn't solve it although he asked for way more details. 

Terrible service from the French guy (I'm French myself, that's why I started there), and 5 stars service from his US counterpart - at least my issue is now fixed and my content is back. But if an admin checks this forum, the service provided by the first employee should really be reviewed, as I'm not someone quickly giving negative feedback without reason, but this was truly a terrible experience and big waste of time. The image of the whole service suffers from such an experience, whereas obviously other employees are delivering great work 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Quick update: a very nice employee of the US support managed to easily solve my issue, where the French guy couldn't solve it although he asked for way more details. 

Terrible service from the French guy (I'm French myself, that's why I started there), and 5 stars service from his US counterpart - at least my issue is now fixed and my content is back. But if an admin checks this forum, the service provided by the first employee should really be reviewed, as I'm not someone quickly giving negative feedback without reason, but this was truly a terrible experience and big waste of time. The image of the whole service suffers from such an experience, whereas obviously other employees are delivering great work 

Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear that you got the issue sorted and your account back @TheFlyingChicken.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)