Re: After origin update my game covers are blank and I can´t inteact with my gam

by ReflectedLite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After origin update my game covers are blank and I can´t inteact with my games !

★★★★★ Apprentice

Origin just downloaded a new update of the client and since then my games are gone.
That means they're still there (sort of) but the covers are blank and I can't interact with the games.

Someone from EA support better tell me how to get my games working again, I've invested a lot of money in them and I'm furious right now about the origin update.

I already completen uninstalled and re-installed origin twice, even checked if all files are gone from my computer. Still didn´t work at all.

Message 5 of 112 (8,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: After origin update my game covers are blank and I can´t inteact with my gam

★★★★★ Novice

I just reloaded the page in the orgin tab at the top of the ap and it worked.

View in thread

Message 13 of 112 (9,616 Views)

All Replies

Updated Origin and now my games won't show?

★★★ Newbie

I updated Origin earlier today and now none of my games will show. The outlines of the little displays for the games are there, but the actual art for the game is not, and it won't load when I click on it. I also can't see a play button now, it only shows the hours played and last time played. 

I've tried shutting down the app and logging out, but it's still like that. 

Message 1 of 112 (8,335 Views)

Re: Updated Origin and now my games won't show?

★★★ Newbie

Quick note: Everything else shows (store, EA play, home). My game library is the only thing not loading. 

Message 2 of 112 (8,329 Views)

Re: Updated Origin and now my games won't show?

Community Manager

Hey @jaemarie90,

I see you mentioned restarting Origin without any success, so the next thing to try here would be clearing the cache with these steps.

That should help clear out any potentially corrupted files that may be causing Origin to display incorrectly, so please give that a shot before restarting your system, and let us know if you're seeing any change after that point. Standard smile

Mako.png
Message 3 of 112 (8,308 Views)

Game covers blank, can't repair games, etc.

★★★★ Novice

Updated Origin, and now the whole client is broken. I can log in, but all my games display as blank cases. I entered Origin to try and Repair Sims 4 (since that's broken too, of course - can't click on any of my sims to do self-interactions, so went to go try and repair, but lo and behold Origin is broken too) but now everything is blank. Can't launch any games through Origin, no play button, only shows hours played.

Tried restart, clearing cache as described in this thread here - nothing is working. Please advise.

Message 4 of 112 (8,287 Views)

★ Guide

Same for me. At the bottom of the "my home" screen I see the following, if this helps:

Internal Server Error

Cannot serve request to /template/my-home/my-home.en-us.usa.directive on this server

ApacheSling/2.6 (jetty/9.4.11.v20180605, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_72, Linux 4.4.0-1128-aws amd64)

Message 6 of 112 (8,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having exactly the same problem. My games are still there. If I go to the game directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin I am able to run the game by double clicking the .exe

Message 7 of 112 (8,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was about to concur with this, my Origin client is doing the same thing.

Also, this is a potential security issue.  EA, your application is leaking info about its servers.  It may not be much, but perhaps an attacker can do SOMETHING knowing that the Origin server/s run on ApacheSling/2.6 (jetty/9.4.11.v20180605, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_72, Linux 4.4.0-1128-aws amd64).

Message 8 of 112 (8,369 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the exact same problem. Apparently it only happens when there are games installed. I have the entire Sims 4 collection, and when I remove the "Origin Games" folder and start Origin, the games in the library appear normally.

But when I put the Origin Games folder back in the directory, or when I install the games (I believe), the library is blank with games.

Message 9 of 112 (8,330 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Shareliara Hey, I had the same problem, so I did a search. Found an old post from 2016 by searching 'Game Library blank.' Note, this is not the exact same issue, but it is similar.

I cleared cache files and then started Origin in administrator mode, as that post suggested.

I didn't see any improvement there and then. But, after exiting Origin and then opening Origin again (without administrator mode) the images of games in my game library became visible again.
Message 10 of 112 (8,274 Views)