After an update Origin cleared out my games!!! That was not their call to make.

by Demigod083091

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After an update Origin cleared out my games!!! That was not their call to make.

★★ Novice

After an Origin update in the first week of July my games page has been completely emptied. Like ALL my games are gone. All of them. Origin is even repeatedly giving me "the servers are down and downloads are unavailable" crap. I've been extremely frustrated by this situation for a month and a half now. I've spent $400+ on games over the years. I've been disappointed by this company several times before. But this is the very last straw. I am expecting an EA or ORIGIN employee to answer my questions. Please!!! Why have things been down for so long? Do you not care that there are thousands of unhappy and angry customers??? I don't thing angry customers are gonna be good for your business. Where are my games? What did you do with them? It was not your call to clear out ALL my games. That was an extremely low blow that is totally uncool and tells me exactly what kind of company you are. You guys are complete crap now in my eyes. I have no more trust for you at all. The Sims games were a love of mine. It was a way for me to de-stress after a long day at work. Now you've ruined my love for that game. I'm pissed, and not at all happy with how you are "handling" this situation. It's fairly obvious to me that you are not working to fix this Origin problem. I've done a google search and I can tell it's been a problem for more people than just me. You all who work for EA are adults. Please start acting like it and FIX this whole Origin issue. Or I'll be expecting a refund check from you for all the money I've spent on your games. If I don't hear back I'm gonna start spamming this forum with a new thread several times a day. If that doesn't work, I'll be spamming your twitter, Facebook, and youtube accounts. You have 3 days to give me a satisfactory answer before I start spamming you. 

Message 1 of 8 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: After an update Origin cleared out my games!!! That was not their call to ma

@Demigod083091  The current version of Origin doesn't work with Yosemite.  But you can install a legacy version instead.  First though, do a clean uninstall to remove all traces of the current version of Origin from your computer.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

You can download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

When installing, be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep Origin and your games up to date, or else Origin will update itself to the current, nonworking version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (399 Views)

All Replies

Re: After an update Origin cleared out my games!!! That was not their call to ma

@Demigod083091  Spamming is against the rules here, so please don't get yourself in trouble.  What version of macOS do you have?  There are a couple different issues with Origin on a Mac right now, and the troubleshooting approach depends on your OS.  If you're not sure which one you're running, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

Message 2 of 8 (410 Views)

★★ Novice

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 is the "version" of Mac I have. Up until now my computer has run EA games (Sims4) just fine. I've spent countless hours and days browsing forums trying to find a solution. I've even taken Origin completely off my computer and re-downloaded it. And it's still not working. I've also sat for multiple hours, probably 12+ hours at this point, trying to contact EA over their chat system and it's never gone through for me. 

And thanks for trying to help. 

Message 3 of 8 (405 Views)

@Demigod083091  The current version of Origin doesn't work with Yosemite.  But you can install a legacy version instead.  First though, do a clean uninstall to remove all traces of the current version of Origin from your computer.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

You can download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

When installing, be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep Origin and your games up to date, or else Origin will update itself to the current, nonworking version.

Message 4 of 8 (400 Views)

★★ Novice

Would using the legacy origin then mean that my games can't or won't be able to update?

Message 5 of 8 (395 Views)

@Demigod083091  The games should update fine, just as they should download without issues.  Just make sure Origin isn't updating itself.

Message 6 of 8 (388 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll give it a try tomorrow then since it is getting late. But I'll let you know it it works. Thanks for the ideas and help. 

Message 7 of 8 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, so after a crazy busy week I was able to try this and it did work! Thank you so much!!!! 

Message 8 of 8 (331 Views)