Account suspended for no reason

by bogdan06v2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account suspended for no reason

★ Novice

My account was suspended for no apparent reason. Can’t sign into Origin, meaning I can’t play any of the games I own. I followed the “help” procedure and opened a case with support but have not received a reply. It’s been more than 72 hours. 

Extremely disappointed with EA. I do not aim bot, are toxic or have done anything to breach their terms and conditions. I was not explained why my account was suspended either. I’m not sure where or who to turn to in order to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 8 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account suspended for no reason

Community Manager

Hey @bogdan06v2 for any TOS related issues you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team as there is no other team that can assist you.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (360 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bogdan06v2 for any TOS related issues you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team as there is no other team that can assist you.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (361 Views)

★ Novice

That is what I did and it’s been 94 hours since I created that case (#52646432). I’ve never experienced this level of ignorance from a company. I didn’t breach any rule or have done anything to warrant this suspension 

Message 3 of 8 (350 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bogdan06v2 you will need to wait for a response from the TOS team.

No other team are able to assist with these issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (328 Views)

I would like to have a formal complaint filed with EA

★ Novice

To whom it may concern, my EA account has been suspended for no apparent reason. There was no explanation given, just that the terms and conditions were breached. I play only two games on Origin and have never been suspended or banned before. Nor has it happened on any other platform. It has been over 3 weeks since I opened a case regarding this problem but have received no reply or help of any kind. I was patient at first, as it states in your case support write up that I will receive a reply within 72 hours, which is unacceptable in itself, but there has been nothing. Sine then, I have tried to open additional cases only to have them closed or "resolved", again with no explanation. Is this how you treat your customers? I have a Premier subscription and have invested quite a bit of money in the games you promote. This is unacceptable and I would like to file a formal complaint with EA management. Also, given the inability to use the service I have already paid for, and the lack of support to resolve the issue, I expect a full refund of my Premier subscription immediately. I will never use your service again and will make sure my opinion is heard.  

Do not reply with apologies, "we're looking into it", or a link to the case filing "support", as I have been down that road and it has proven useless

Message 5 of 8 (393 Views)

Re: I would like to have a formal complaint filed with EA

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @bogdan06v2.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back yet from the Terms of Service team. You can keep an eye on the status of your case at https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/

We do recommend only having one case open for the Terms of Service team, which is appears to be why additional duplicate cases were closed as those additional cases can cause delays with the original case.

With the current holiday season, I would request that you give it just a bit longer and to keep an eye on your registered email for updates. Thanks for your patience.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 6 of 8 (342 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply. I’d like to know what the purpose of this forum is, and how you can call it Answers HQ ??

The reply you have given me is insulting, to say the least. You go through the same motions that every other “community manager” has gone through. Automatic apologies followed by useless links. You don’t address the issue properly and there is no resolve, just as there hasn’t been since this whole process started. Can you explain how the holiday season is affecting EA customer service? The Terms of Service branch, in specific. How long does it take to look at my account and figure out what went wrong? Are there witnesses and exhibits? Is there a DNA lab involved? Collusion? You’ll have to excuse my sarcasm but this issue has been very frustrating since the beginning. You leave your customers in the dark at every point. You take away common means of contacting support, and then insult their intelligence with copy/paste answers. To me, that’s not a good way of treating your customers 

Message 7 of 8 (326 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @bogdan06v2,

I've merged your threads on the same topic together. 

@EA_Arrenai or @EA_Darko, haven't been rude or set out to insult you here. The advice and information they've shared is correct: you need to wait for a reply from the Terms of Service team for further assistance with this. As you've already sent in a case, it's a matter of waiting for your case to work it's way through the queue to reach the Terms of Service team, at which point they will reply to you. 

I understand that's not what you were hoping to hear. I know the wait time hearing back, especially since it's been longer than average, is going to be frustrating for you. From my experience working here, when there's been a delay with a Terms of Service case it's because the queue to reach Terms of Service has been quite large. Terms of Service will be conscious of the wait time and they'll work through that queue as efficiently as they can to reach everyone as soon as possible. Once your case reaches them, they'll reach out to you directly through email so please keep an eye on your inbox (sometimes it can go to the spam folder either). 

Regarding the Answers HQ questions, this forum is a player helping player forum (see FAQ page) and a source of information for players looking for advise, tips and troubleshooting. To clarify, Answers HQ is not a substitute for receiving support with account related issues, refund requests, missing content cases or bans as these issues need a specific team to look into and handle them. I hope that answers your question/clears up any confusion about Answers HQ. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (265 Views)