Re: Account recovery was denied.... what to do now?

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account recovery was denied.... what to do now?

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I try to log-in to my original account I get the error "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password." I can't reset my password or anything because I can't access the email associated with the account anymore.

I filled out some form) with loads of information that I think was pretty identifying, but I got an email saying they won't give me access to the account. I gave them way more information than any other account I've recovered in this way and it apparently wasn't good enough, so I don't really know what to do at this point.  I've recovered my Steam account and my Runescape account through similar forms without any issue, but apparently I did something wrong with Origin.  They say to resubmit the form if I have any additional information that could help, but since I don't know what information was possibly wrong or not good enough, I don't really know what to resubmit with.  

Message 1 of 12 (2,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @eguanazor 

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in Frown

However, I'm afraid there's not much that we can do to help on the forum. Account recovery process is not something that should be discussed publicly in the first place. We could potentially give away information useful to hackers and would risk players' EA accounts, yours included.

The only piece of advice I can give is to go through the webform again, double-check all the required information that you can provide and submit it one more time.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,723 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @eguanazor 

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in Frown

However, I'm afraid there's not much that we can do to help on the forum. Account recovery process is not something that should be discussed publicly in the first place. We could potentially give away information useful to hackers and would risk players' EA accounts, yours included.

The only piece of advice I can give is to go through the webform again, double-check all the required information that you can provide and submit it one more time.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 12 (2,724 Views)

Your credentials have expired.

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening constantly now. I have cleared the cache numerous times. I even reinstalled Origin. All that did was cause everything I have installed to be verified, repaired, and finalized. That took hours. This was bad before but it has happened half a dozen times since yesterday. 

After it says this, it will say online login is currently not available and kick me back to the login screen. Then I will log in offline and have to go online to see my library which will kick me back to the login screen. Then a few hours later, repeat the process. The only reason I did not get kicked out this time is because Origin will not exit when DRM games are loaded. 

I don't even know what to say any more other than the steps you provide to resolve this do not resolve this. 

Message 3 of 12 (2,697 Views)

Re: Your credentials have expired.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since posting this three hours ago, I have been kicked out twice. I changed my password to garble right after posting this topic even though the only devices shown as logging into the account are mine - phone browser and pc browser. I have had the account on Google Authenticator for months which I have to use in the webpage version but not in the app. Besides, if it was someone hacking, they would take the account but I know my account is not being nor has it been hacked. This is something squarely on the authentication server or in the Origin App software itself. It's not coming from my end. 

This is the reason why I hate launchers and every publisher has to have their own these days, no matter how small they are. Every cent I have spent here, just like Steam, is tied to this app working and staying connected. It would be nice if it could accomplish that.

Message 4 of 12 (2,682 Views)

Was logged in Origin from Friday to Monday then got logged out

★★★★ Apprentice

Magically on Friday night my origin decided to work and allow me to login. I WAS THRILLED, because i could download the games i just bought. i let the games download and both were completed on Monday. That Monday afternoon i get home to play my games and bang  i am logged out of Origin, Something to do about my credentials expiring and now i am stuck back at square one with not  been able to access my account on the client once again.

I am honestly just fed up at this point in time and wonder why origin can not sort out a problem that all other clients do not have.  

Message 5 of 12 (2,690 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Ataashi " Account recovery process is not something that should be discussed publicly in the first place." Are you kidding me? We wouldn't have to disscuss this issue publicly if EA help staff weren't the most incompetent beings from any AAA company currently on the market. What we disscuss publicly is entirely up to us, the user.

"WE COuLd PoTentIaLlY gIVe AWaY iNFormAtIon USEfUl TO HaCKeRs And wOuld Risk PLaYeRs' EA ACcOUNts, yoUrs incLuDED." What on earth are you worried about giving away? It's a game account. EA's approach to this problem demonstrate how much it values money grubbing policies over helping frustrated users. You guys are pretty much saying if you lost your account you better shill out some money to buy the games again.

"The oNLY pIece oF AdviCe I CAn giVE IS TO Go thROugh The WebFORm AGAiN" Are you serious? That webform is clearly a time waster. I swear to god, I'm going to kick up the biggest headache you've ever seen if that's all the help EA help staff can offer.
Message 6 of 12 (2,632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA truly doesn’t care. I’ve filled 7 cases that have all been denied. All of EA’s customer service is outsourced to India and the only thing they can do is say fill out the form again. These forums are a waste of time because your complaints aren’t being heard. 
Honestly would pay someone to hack my old account but it’s impossible with an expired password and an email that has been long deleted. 

If you have to fill out a recovery form, save yourself the headache and either make a whole new gamer tag with subscription just to play seasonal ea games or never play these ea games again. 
Strongly believe the recovery team are people in charge of sending denied emails. 
EA IS REALLY THE WORST

Message 7 of 12 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@HHarwell30 Legit I'm just getting through exams this week, then I'm flooding the forums with shitposts and anything I can to give community managers a headache. They better get a more helpful response than "fill out the web form"
Message 8 of 12 (2,554 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having similar problems.

Despite giving the most detailed informations (namely, Paypal Transaction ID's, Invoice ID's Date of purchase, price etc.) the support sill closes my cases and lately they don't even respond to my support tickets, anymore.

My problem is, that I've lost access to my old e-mail, therefore I can't access orign anymore...even if I'd remember my password I couldn't get the code from the authenticator-email.

GoG were really helpful and they just wanted me to give them a certain transaction-ID from paypal and granted me access to my account.

Blizzard was even faster, since I just had to use my hardware-toke and I could login to my account and change the e-mail.

Only origin is making it such a hassle.

The phone-support was not very good, also he clearly had problems understanding my language. The Support-Desk closes my cases without giving me a chance to work with them.

One time though, someone named rebecca contacted me and wanted to send me a code to my consoles (which I haven't been using for a really long time)...after I explained her, that I'm using a PC and that I wanted to help for PC-Origin, I never heard back from her...and guess what, case closed.

So far I'm really disappoint in the origin-support...

Message 9 of 12 (2,535 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@mm-vigilant It's pretty clear they're not interested in giving a serious response to this. The way I see it the only way we're going to get any help is if we make a massive headache for EA support staff. Any attempts to rationally ask for help with the matter go no where, and they can get stuffed if they seriously think people should buy games they already own due to this issue. Either I'm spending the next 3 months spamming EA support and forums or they'll take this matter seriously and sort out a proper account recovery method for people stuck in this problem.
Message 10 of 12 (2,521 Views)