Re: Account is not deleted in 162 days

by Sydnin101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account is not deleted in 162 days

Anonymous

On the 3rd of September, I contacted an EA game advisors to request account deletion. After all the chatting, she said that the account deletion will take about 76 hours.Now after 162 days or 3888 hours of waiting it still has not been deleted. I've contacted a few other game advisors about the account deletion and every time the answer is that the account will be deleted "soon". But now today I would like clear answers to these questions: 1 How many accounts are there to delete before mine? 2 How long will it take until my account is been deleted?

I don't want to sound like an impatient person but I think I have had to wait too long for the account deletion. 

And by the way, it may sound like that I hate EA, but it's actually the opposite. I love EA's games and I think that Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 should not have gotten that much hate. I've played both of those games and they are the best. When Battlefront 2 launched, I got it almost the same day and now after one year of playing it, I think that it is a great game. 

Overall I think that EA is a great game publisher, but the account deletion should be easier. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having @Anonymous. From time to time account deletions can take a little longer than expected but 162 days does seem excessive.

We can't help with account-based issues on AHQ and as such if you require any further information as to your account deletion status you will need to speak with live support. That said I will flag this with the team for them to look into.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (529 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having @Anonymous. From time to time account deletions can take a little longer than expected but 162 days does seem excessive.

We can't help with account-based issues on AHQ and as such if you require any further information as to your account deletion status you will need to speak with live support. That said I will flag this with the team for them to look into.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (530 Views)

Anonymous
Thanks! One thing that I love about EA is that they have this games forum where you can ask help about anything EA related :D. But still, I think that the account deletion should be easier. I understand that it might be harder to delete than some random Instagram account because EA accounts have a lot of information and statistics about the user's games and that it might be harder to delete, but it feels kinda weird that EA employees have to manually delete the account. Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am chatting right now with an EA rep and have been for 30 minutes.  This process is entirely TOO LONG.  I would not recommend to anyone obtaining an EA account.  This should be very simple, and yet, it is a very time consuming process.  Thanks for letting me know that I can anticipate this not actually being completed for another 3888 hours!  I'll have something to send to my state consumer affairs office (Florida).  At least THEY are responsive.  

Message 4 of 4 (414 Views)