Account hacked and banned

by SpoonsDBL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account hacked and banned

★ Novice

Hello.

This in reference to case 64497610.

Long story short, my EA account was stolen for Apex Legends. When I noticed some of my apex credits missing and playtime on a character I have never used (Octane), I immediately reset my password and activated two-factor. Not thinking much of it, I hopped on the next day to find my account was banned for hacking.

I have gone through the hoops of EA support and they have 'confirmed' that the account was correctly convicted. I am not trying to argue this. I am sure whoever was on my account was hacking.

I guess my question is there any way that I can prove that my account was stolen and get the ban reversed. I understand that from your side, it's hard to just take my word. I tried to find logs of where my account was signed in at but whoever logged in cleared them since my computer was not even a registered device on the account.

I already started playing on a new account (which is fine). I just hate losing my account that I have put hundreds of hours and dollars into. 

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 15 (1,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account hacked and banned

Champion (Retired)
Hey @SpoonsDBL

I would have thought they would have a record of which ip address logged into the account at the time of the hacking/ban, if it doesn't match any of your previous logs then you should have a valid case against the ban.
If the ip addresses all match match previous logs then there would be nothing to show that someone else used your account at the time of ban.

That is pretty much all you have going for you i'm afraid.

But one thing to note, ALWAYS use 2FA on every account you own, two-factor saves lives.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (1,223 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hey @SpoonsDBL

I would have thought they would have a record of which ip address logged into the account at the time of the hacking/ban, if it doesn't match any of your previous logs then you should have a valid case against the ban.
If the ip addresses all match match previous logs then there would be nothing to show that someone else used your account at the time of ban.

That is pretty much all you have going for you i'm afraid.

But one thing to note, ALWAYS use 2FA on every account you own, two-factor saves lives.
Message 2 of 15 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @SpoonsDBL.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
3. Choose your platform.
4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
5. Fill out any other details below.
• For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
6. Click Select contact option.
7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 15 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SpoonsDBLI have the similar problem the only thing is that the imposter hid their ip address and was untraceable. So they took extra precaution to hid their identity if they were to get caught. Which is what is happening now and I do not know how long it will take to resolve this.

Message 4 of 15 (1,134 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @wecomeinclutch if you have a ban on your account then please speak with our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 15 (1,113 Views)

★★ Novice

They reviewed my account and said that they detected cheats we were right with our choice and wont reverse it *EA evil laughter* etc. I play on xbox 1 classic for pc and I know there's no cheats for controller players. People would watch me all the time and realize that i was just on controller. I don't know if there was something I've done that could've made my account vulnerable to be hacked or when I was buying coins entering my info put me at risk. But what I know is I would never jeopardize something i worked hard for and that I payed honest hard working money into. Some of these items in game are cosmetic and will never be available ever again. And I only have one apex account that i play on. I'm not about to start over for naught when i know I am not in the wrong. I want to clear my name at any cost and I'll do whatever it takes to get my account back because this game was my only escape from the stress in my life. And Just Playing for a hour a day w all the popular skins quips and heirlooms gave me pride as an above average player cause I have Stuff others can never get unless they re-release them in the shop. Having a particular skin on your favorite pistol helps u aim better, having particular skins on a champion blends w/ the scenery, or you want to look super flashy so everyone knows to look for you. It's a flex and People that spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a free to play game would go through the same frustration as I if they were to be penalized for something they never done.

Message 6 of 15 (1,099 Views)

★ Novice

@wecomeinclutch I also went through the TOS team twice before I even made the post. It seems that you are best off just grinding up another account Frown

Message 7 of 15 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JerbearDBL and @wecomeinclutch, we are not able to discuss any TOS sanction on AHQ. If you have questions or concerns then please direct them to our TOS team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 15 (1,056 Views)

★★ Novice

no there has to be a way. I'll do whatever it takes im never gonna put the hours in this game on a new account ever again

Message 9 of 15 (1,039 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @wecomeinclutch please direct any questions relating to your ban to our TOS team using the steps shared above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (1,016 Views)