Re: Account disappeared - no help from EA

by Carrots1981

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account disappeared - no help from EA

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've had to create this account just to post on the forums.

As of 9th July, my account has disappeared. I've been unable to play any of my EA games or use EA access (which I'm paying subscription for). When I try to login to the Origin client or Origin website I get the message

"Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password"

When I try to login to an EA game or EA access on Xbox, I'm asked to create an account.

What I've tried so far:

• Reset password numerous time (never received email)

• Spoke with EA advisor twice on the phone. They were unable to locate my account, however could see my debit card details tied to "an account" but said to complete webform for account recovery.

• Chatted with 4 different advisors on Live chat. All they said was to do a password reset (completely hopeless)

• Filled out the web form for account recovery 5 times now. Each time I get a generic response saying

"It looks like there was an issue with the information we received from your web-form."

- I'm never told what the issue is. Without this information I'm unable to correct what the "issue" may be.

• I've supplied my email, EA ID, Xbox GT, mobile number, address, date of birth, debit card details, my recent purchases with invoices, paypal payments, email notifications of joining EA access, my IP address, even my Battlefield soldier profile where you can see there is an account which I've been playing on for last 2 years.

• Tweeted EA help on Twitter with no response

I'm kind of at a loss now. No matter what avenue I try to take to resolve the issue I hit a brick wall. I just want my account which I've had for 2 years back. I've supplied all my details to verify that it is me and my account. I even have two factor verification activated on this account and can provide any verification codes to also prove this is me (I have previous codes still as evidence), The only thing I can do is to just keep completing the web form in the hopes I get someone that can really look at my case as this is beyond a joke now.

If anyone has a suggestions or ideas on what or who I can contact I'll be so appreciative.

Case numbers so far

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6 (480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Carrots1981.

If our account recovery team have advised you that they cannot grant you access to the account hen I am sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing I can suggest is to fill out the form again with as much information as possible.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (460 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Carrots1981.

If our account recovery team have advised you that they cannot grant you access to the account hen I am sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing I can suggest is to fill out the form again with as much information as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (461 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko It's not that they've been unable to grant access (as far as I'm aware). They just keep sending back a generic response of

"It looks like there was an issue with the information we received from your web-form."

Would be extremely helpful if they explained what the issue is.
Message 3 of 6 (447 Views)

Community Manager

Hey  @Carrots1981 this is something you would need to discuss with the account recovery team.

The best thing I can recommend is that you gather as much information as possible and fill the form out again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (443 Views)

★★ Novice

Its a little difficult discussing with the account recovery team when they just close the tickets and send generic replies. All I want is to speak to someone on that team but there seems to be no way of actually speaking to a real person!

Apologies for my frustrations but its so frustrating when no one can help.

I'm on form number 6 at the moment.

Message 5 of 6 (439 Views)

★★ Novice

**UPDATE** So a quick update in case anyone stumbles across my post. I managed to get through to a real person. So after countless calls and online chat sessions the way I got through to someone was by Twitter! I messaged EAHelp. It took a little while for a response but this is what got the ball rolling. So it turns out they had deleted my account. I put a request in to delete a very old account but they deleted this and my current one. Thankfully they were able to restore it, along with my games.

So my advice is to ignore the EA chat and calls and go via Twitter! This is what worked for me anyways.

Message 6 of 6 (407 Views)