Re: Account Hacked - False accusations from EA

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Hacked - False accusations from EA

★★★ Newbie

My sons Fifa account was hacked yesterday, he was alwatching Netflix and 3 times got a message on his PS4 to say an unknown device has logged into his account. He has gone one today and lost all his players and 100000 coins. I contacted customer services who are rak7ng no responsibility for this saying when he was hacked that no one sold or discarded any players. I asked for proof of this and to speak to a manager and she cut the chat off and closed it. Her name was Hitisha, I know he didn’t sell any players or discarded them he spent months building a good team. Your company is a disgrace and I will be taking this further. I want a copy of the complaint policy and procedures so I can take this further. How dare your company throw accusations around which are false and we can prove he didn’t sell or discard any players at all. Any advice anyone? 

Message 1 of 3 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @nyleriley,  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (342 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, there is very little that support can do when your account is hacked aside from refunding certain types of purchases, and even then they won't refund anything that says, "This product is ineligible for refunds," like FIFA points. You have to contact your credit card company or bank to chargeback those purchases, which will usually get your EA account banned.

Additionally, you didn't specify what accusations EA made just that they refuted your statement of players being sold/discarded.

The extent of EA's complaint policy is as follows:

How do I file a complaint?

If you have a problem with an EA game or your EA Account, you can find helpful information on EA Help and at Answers HQ. You can also contact an EA Advisor for help.

As you can see, it's very helpful. Sort of. Well, not really. Sadly that's the sort of corporate responsibility that is legally required these days because of people voting in senators that are bought off by Big Business.

Please keep in mind that this site is not EA Support, but EA Answers HQ, a user forum where users help each other.

Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nyleriley,  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)