Account Banned?

by TheBrodalorian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Banned?

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully get their account unbanned with all of their games returned? I received and email stating:

WE HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM YOUR BANK OR PAYMENT PROVIDER REGARDING A CHARGEBACK OR REVERSAL ON A PAYMENT MADE ON YOUR EA ACCOUNT. AS A RESULT, WE HAVE CANCELLED ANY SUBSCRIPTION(S) THAT ARE ACTIVE, REMOVED ANY ENTITLEMENTS OR GAMES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PAYMENT(S) AND CLOSED YOUR ACCOUNT WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

I am really upset this happened and have 0 idea why. Any hopes on correcting this would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Banned?

Community Manager

Hey @TheBrodalorian,

That message seems to indicate a chargeback may have taken place for one or more of the purchases on the account. If that's the case, the account would be locked as the content is no longer paid for, essentially.

Please reach out to an advisor and they should be able to look into this for you to provide a bit more specific clarification on what happened and what options you would have in this case.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (997 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TheBrodalorian,

That message seems to indicate a chargeback may have taken place for one or more of the purchases on the account. If that's the case, the account would be locked as the content is no longer paid for, essentially.

Please reach out to an advisor and they should be able to look into this for you to provide a bit more specific clarification on what happened and what options you would have in this case.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 10 (998 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako Hello I am just seeing this now, I apologize for the delay. I didnt get any notices. I figured out what happened on my end, I dont know if you can help or raise the case. I am incredibly upset that I cant SPEAK with someone and resolve this.

What happened was that I was double charged for SWTOR Game Time when I purchased 1 from the website. I put a dispute on my account to be safe when I first saw it. I reached out the following day and the SWTOR advisor was very helpful and corrected the double charge. Now this is the part where I messed up because I forgot to remove the claim on my bank account, no malicious intention what so ever to break the rules it was a mistake. I work in an environment where I dont have access to my personal things and I completely forgot. Several days later I called EA again because I saw the game time for SWTOR was completely removed, which they corrected again. Several days later I get slammed with that notice and the only option is to create a case... I had 0 idea what had happened until I put the pieces together. I attached photos that I closed the dispute in question, so I will be paying for that as well as explained exactly what happened, like I explained to you. It was complete misunderstanding and my fault to remove the dispute. BUT I removed it. Mako is there anything you can do to help me or any sort of phone number I can call or have my case expedited?
Message 3 of 10 (958 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @TheBrodalorian,

We are not able to address any account related issues directly on the forums, but reaching out to an advisor will let them look into this for you.

It sounds like you had called previously but other than that, just using the contact options in the previous post would be the way to go.

There isn't a more direct number or way to expedite a case I'm afraid, so you'd just need to reach out to an advisor so they can look into the issue further.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 10 (950 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako Can you explain how the process works? I tried updating my cases by choosing "resume" to add more details and explanations but there is nothing that shows what I have updated the cases with? I did have a case open but it was labeled No Fix Available and the other is still "In Progress" basically about the same subject in question, but its not very clear.. The lack of communication on this from the advisors is incredibly frustrating and upsetting. I know the best move is to "reach out to an advisor" via the help link, but when I see "no fix available" with no explanation to why or what can be done is heart breaking because I had no bad intentions. It was all an accident.
Message 5 of 10 (945 Views)

Community Manager
@TheBrodalorian

I'm afraid I wouldn't have any other information here. Speaking with an advisor directly will be the best way to see what options you may have in this case.

No Fix Available would mean they were unable to assist and had closed that case, but you're welcome to contact them again with one of the above methods to try and get more clarification on what options you have.
Mako.png
Message 6 of 10 (941 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako I appreciate your help, truly I do, but saying speaking with an advisor and then advisors not responding or simply closing a case with no response or guidance is incredibly frustrating and upsetting. I understand I have to be patient with these things, but that shows they looked and chose to not provide some kind of explanation. Also, without the ability to reach out to an advisor and speak with them to ask the same questions I have asked you is horrible customer service. I hope I can save my account.

Is there an alternative if an advisor wont help me save this account? What all is affected by an account ban?
Message 7 of 10 (934 Views)

Community Manager
@TheBrodalorian

There is no alternative, as the Terms of Service team has the final say when looking into any banned accounts. A banned account means you're no longer able to access anything on it.

In this case it looks like you've re-opened two separate cases, so you'll simply need to wait for a reply.
Mako.png
Message 8 of 10 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mako

When I asked about alternatives, I meant could I create another EA account and link my Xbox profile to it? anything at all? 

Since you can see I have two separate cases open, are you able to tell me how I can see what I have updated the cases with? For example in case 77536862 I have added explanations and asked why was it listed "no fix available" but I don't see anything I have added to it...

For case 77533853 I can see what I added in today along with my dispute cancellation, but I do not see any of the comments I have added prior.

Any help?

Message 9 of 10 (924 Views)

Community Manager
@TheBrodalorian

You'll need to speak with an advisor to discuss any details of accounts or cases you have opened.

It sounds like you're putting in emails or tickets, I would suggest a live chat option or one of the other contact methods I posted above so you can speak with someone directly if you have questions about those cases.

If your Xbox profile is linked to a banned account then you would need to address the ban first. It cannot be unlinked otherwise.

Please reach out to an advisor to discuss this further.
Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (908 Views)