Re: Accepting friend requests in origin?

by Goldendrake18

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

but now it just says that their offline :/

I've tried task manager

:/

Message 21 of 34 (2,513 Views)

★ Guide

"SOLUTION: I could not see a friend request.  So, I searched for him and clicked on his profile.  At the top-right was "Accept Friend Request."

This is not a solution though. I am having this problem too, I can't see any friend requests. When I searched my friend, and looked at his profile to send him a friend request, then it showed an option to accept friend request. That still means i don't see any friend requests and that I can not see any at all unless I search for their profile specifically and attempt to send them a friend request...

I've seen friend request problems on these forums since 2013. I'm not sure EA is going to fix them.

Message 22 of 34 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thx
Message 23 of 34 (1,851 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I also ran into this issue today. Wanted to add a friend, found their profile, hit "Send Friend Request" and waited. We we in a voice call and nothing happened. He didnt get the friend request. He tried to send me one, and I didnt get anything. I tried to send him another friend request, but now clicking the "Send Friend Request" button doesnt do anything for me, like it doesnt change color or anything. Why is this still SO broken in September 2019???????

Message 24 of 34 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 25 of 34 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Goldendrake18 In the Origin app - click your friends list (down in right corner) Friend requests will be on the top Standard smile
Message 26 of 34 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@natrogynn I can't even send one. Can someone plz. help me?!
Message 27 of 34 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Guy yeah i still cant add people 4 years later
Message 28 of 34 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nope

Message 29 of 34 (983 Views)

★ Novice

Me and my friend had to send friend requests each, block each other and cancel the friend request then my friend restarted origin by opening up task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and closing all Origin related things then sending friend request again. Then it worked. Fix your * EA.""

THIS IS THE WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I HOPE EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND IT!!!

Message 30 of 34 (927 Views)