Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

tropico 5 completely unplayable

by evilfrankywhite

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

tropico 5 completely unplayable

★★★★ Novice

firstly this is crashing every 60 seconds literally. i havent even got to play it yet. the game crashes regardless of what i do, wether i start a new game or wether i stay in the main menu. i also cannot get into multiplayer i get a message saying that gog is not installed or i am not signed. its installed and i am signed in. sombody help me please. 1080ti 86ook @4.8ghz 16 gb ram gigabyte hd3 rev 1.0 windows 10

Message 1 of 11 (745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: tropico 5 completely unplayable

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I think you may have me mixed up with another user @evilfrankywhite, while I do post on the C&C boards I use the same name as on AHQ.

This may be a long shot but looking at your DxDiag I can see issues with Tropico 5 and may have a fix. 

• Can you navigate to your windows drive: \Windows\System32 and look for Xaudio2_7.dll
  • From here can you cut the file Xaudio2_7.dll and past it elsewhere or rename it.
  • Once done try launching the game again to see if it still crashes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (685 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @evilfrankywhite as Tropocio 5 is a non-EA game then the support we can offer may be limited.

If you can grab a DxDiag I can take a look at your system for any issues: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Message 2 of 11 (718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here yo go, unrelated question are you also the dark one from the command & conquer forms?

Message 3 of 11 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I think you may have me mixed up with another user @evilfrankywhite, while I do post on the C&C boards I use the same name as on AHQ.

This may be a long shot but looking at your DxDiag I can see issues with Tropico 5 and may have a fix. 

• Can you navigate to your windows drive: \Windows\System32 and look for Xaudio2_7.dll
  • From here can you cut the file Xaudio2_7.dll and past it elsewhere or rename it.
  • Once done try launching the game again to see if it still crashes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Message 4 of 11 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have similar issue as mentioned above, the crash looks like it happens when some secondary voice is starting. Music I hear, but whenever the voice starts, game goes away. I tried renaming the xaudio2_7 file and indeed solves the crash and I can play without crashing at all.

The problem there is there is no sound at all and this game without sound loses a lot...

Any clue how to use different xaudio for getting the sound still working? Or some other alternative?

Message 5 of 11 (538 Views)

Community Manager

Can you check what audio options you have set @DaniPHP?  You need to ensure that your options reflect your hardware, for example if you have a stereo set up you need to ensure that it is not set to surround. 

Let me know if changing this helps. 

Darko

Message 6 of 11 (517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue, my game crashes every time after 1 minute of running it 

Message 7 of 11 (376 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Xenfraa were you able to try the steps I posted above?

If not can you try them now, please.

Darko

Message 8 of 11 (334 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I did try those steps. I tried both renaming and moving the file else where but the game continued to crash 

Message 9 of 11 (329 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Xenfraa can I ask what GPU you have? 

If you are using an AMD card can you make sure that you disable “AMD Gaming Evolved” before starting the game as this can cause an issue.

Darko

Message 10 of 11 (317 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs