Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

origin access/paypal

by michalxxo1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin access/paypal

★★★★ Newbie

hi

why i must add my debit card to paypal when i want to buy origin access?

i have enough money, but paypal want my card

what i need to do?

Message 1 of 7 (5,533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin access/paypal

Game Changer

@michalxxo1 You can have $1000 in your Paypal balance but will always need a card linked. I pay for other subscription type services and they are all the same requiring a credit or debit card linked where it can automatically renew and get the funds from. Its always been like that, doubt it will ever change.

- MorningTimeCloud, No longer active on this site. You can contact me here.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (7,078 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@michalxxo1 Hi,

Have you checked with Paypal whether this might be a requirement on their end? I suspect that this might be due to the service being a subscription, requiring credit.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 7 (5,524 Views)

Game Changer

@michalxxo1 You can have $1000 in your Paypal balance but will always need a card linked. I pay for other subscription type services and they are all the same requiring a credit or debit card linked where it can automatically renew and get the funds from. Its always been like that, doubt it will ever change.

- MorningTimeCloud, No longer active on this site. You can contact me here.

Message 3 of 7 (7,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When paying for a subscription. PayPal will require a Credit/Debit Card or Bank account so when you don't have enough money on your PayPal balance they automatically bill your linked Credit/Debit card or bank account.

Message 4 of 7 (5,433 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

It's Really anoying, im trying to get EA access ... now i added the money to paypal to get it and i can't and if i want to transfer the money back to my bank its going to cost me money. They should add an option to do a one time payment for the year subscription to Origin acces instead of reacuring so we can pay with paypal without needing a credit card. O, i have my bank account connected to paypal which should be enough as well ... why do they keep forcing people to get credit cards. anyway, BE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE TO PAY WITH PAYPAL INSTEAD OF HAVING PEOPLE THROW AWAY THEIR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 7 (3,868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im sorry but i cant fully understand u ,however ia have issue may be similar to urs that i can buy directly in origin through paypal but cant join origin access through the same account....have u encountered any like that??

Message 6 of 7 (3,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Then how come i have bought many subscriptions On Xbox and playstation and PC "With Paypal Balance" and have only been asked this one time for a CC when trying to pay for a month of Origin Access?

I have even bought a EA Access subscription before a few times with "Paypal Balance"

So Explain that ?  

And no its not on Paypal's side as i have been using it for Years................

Message 7 of 7 (2,527 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs