Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: account hacked

by deeeKarrot

Original Post

account hacked

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, browsing the forums, I see I am not the only one but my account got hacked.

Some Russian rubbish[Edit - Admin.], hacked my account. I only recently got EA access, the account is relatively new.

He did not change my password, just added a security question in Russian, changed the avatar and played some games. 

Now, I have a few problems with EA that I will not forgive for. (sure, I know, I should have added some extra security)

Now why do I need the answer to the question? I have my email address and he does not. On top of that, their support is not 24/7. I was really going to invest in it but seeing so many hacks, isn't obligatory email verification only obvious? That is horrible by EA, -100, you might have lost one there.

This Russian kid keeps logging on so I can't even stay online for more than a minute or two.. Ridiculous ..

I am not a nationalist or anything but why [Edit - Admin.] They got video game and movie piracy to a ridiculous rate, caused immense damage to both industries ... Idk idk idk ... Just a frustration post I guess.

Message 1 of 5 (221 Views)

Community Manager

@deeeKarrot

Your frustration is understandable, we can help you with your current situation and help you prevent re-occurrence.

Please see the following article for information on account security and how to make your account more secure (two factor authentication/login verification) and how to regain your account fully if it has been compromised.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 5 (195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I know you offer extra security but why not make some by default? I have read a lot of topics about this, why doesn't EA just have login verification enabled by default? It will completely eliminate these kids hacking. I think a company like EA should have realized it by now. Why give the hackers an upper hand? EA is basically neutral about hackers.

It's great that you guys can help (for me, unfortunately, the wait is over 30 hours now and I am forced to watch my account being logged on somewhere else), but why not avoid this all together? I truly believe this is not acceptable in 2016.

P.S. is there any way to contact EA before the working hours? Or am I bound to watch some Russians attempt to buy games on my account? Am I supposed to watch them complete achievements? On which level is this acceptable?

Message 3 of 5 (193 Views)

Community Manager

@deeeKarrot

I think the reason that login verification is not offered by default is that not all players will have a secondary device to use for that, lots will but some will not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 4 of 5 (192 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry I am talking about login verification through email. SMS - I know it is not great, I travel a lot and in the past 6 years I haven't had a stable phone number for more than 9 months or so. Email, though, is a different story. Sure, not great security but something is better than nothing. 3 1/4 hours to go, hope to get this figured out...

Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs