Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will origin access basic include anthem?

by Nirkon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will origin access basic include anthem?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's unclear whether Anthem will be available only for origin access premier or for basic as well on launch day..

It also states for origin access basic:

Early access to upcoming games(Battlefield V, Anthem, and more)

10-hour trial

does that mean that origin access basic will also be able to play a week ahead of release but only for 10 hours?

if so, will the progress carry over from the "trial"? the FAQ answers this question but only says that it will carry over if you purchase the game, nothing stated about origin access..

very confusing...

Message 1 of 26 (8,486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Nirkon, if you have Origin Access you will be able to play your 10-hour play first trial starting on February 15. This is a 10 hour trial of the game and after the 10 hours, you will be unable to play any more.

Darko

View in thread

Message 6 of 26 (8,144 Views)

All Replies

Hello @Nirkon

Check this link for info about Origin Access Premier and Basic. I show you most important info below:

-Origin Access Premier info:

• Full, unlimited access to our games, starting five days before they launch.
    • That’s right, no more limited-time trials. Play the full game starting five days before launch without purchasing it separately, until you cancel your Premier membership.
  • 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing.

-Origin Access Basic info:

• The same 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • The chance to try out our new games for up to ten hours, starting five days before launch, with Play First Trials.
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing.

Message 2 of 26 (8,466 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Hi,

thanks for the reply but it still doesn't answer my question regarding Anthem,
also the link is misleading, since "The Vault" is different for premier and basic as stated here
https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access

you can see the basic has 165 games and the premier has 172 games...
Message 3 of 26 (8,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I contacted EA support and they told me that it will be available on origin access basic on Feb 15 for 10 hours, and then on launch day a week later, progress will be carried over.

Message 4 of 26 (8,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice
According to this that isn't true.. why can no one give a proper straight answer?
https://www.facebook.com/GUNNAROptiks/photos/a.91163828586/10156024722773587/?type=3&permPage=1
Message 5 of 26 (8,182 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nirkon, if you have Origin Access you will be able to play your 10-hour play first trial starting on February 15. This is a 10 hour trial of the game and after the 10 hours, you will be unable to play any more.

Darko

Message 6 of 26 (8,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Leaving behind the fact that the community manager just copy-pastes his answers... Very engaging. He does clearly state that if you have Origin Access (not Basic, nor Premiere) you will be able to play.

I'm really confused, too but hoping for the best. Standard smile
Message 7 of 26 (7,718 Views)

Community Manager

If you have any questions that I can answer to clear up the confusion @dubtrainz then just ask and I will try to clear it up.

Also, what do you mean by copy and pasting answers, are you referring to the two posts in this thread which are the same? If so this is because my reply was accepted as the accepted solution which means that the post is pinned beneath the original post. It is not the same message twice, just an easier way to see the post that answered the question.

Darko

Message 8 of 26 (7,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hello,

I've got a somewhat similiar question about something I'd like cleared up.

I'm currently an Origin Access (Basic) subscriber, so I know I'll have access to the 10-hour trial version on the 15th. However, I was thinking that if I like the game, and if it runs well enough on my system (demo weekend left some doubts about that), I may upgrade my subscription to Premier, to get access to the full game.

Now, what I want to know is: if I use up the 10 trial hours before the 22nd, will buying Premier AFTER 15th, when Anthem is already live, give me access to the full game right away (between 15th and the official launch on 22nd)?

In other words, will the full game be available only to people who subscribe to Premier before 15th, or can I try it on Basic and then upgrade my subscription at any point beteen 15th to 22nd, to continue playing past the trial?

Thanks in advance.
Message 9 of 26 (7,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just got Origin Basic to get access to the 10 hour trial. But i cant get the trial to work! As longs as ea dont respond to your question, dont buy premier! 

Message 10 of 26 (7,032 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs