Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will Origin Access ever come to Mac?

by SammieLuvBug

Original Post

Highlighted

Will Origin Access ever come to Mac?

★★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I bought Origin Access a couple of years ago on my PC but I switch to a MacBook Pro recently and found out that Origin Access isn't available on Mac at all. Are there any plans to bring Origin Access to Mac? 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)

Re: Will Origin Access ever come to Mac?

Community Manager

Hey @SammieLuvBug 

Unfortunately, we're not planning to bring Origin Access to Mac devices at the moment Frown If anything changes, I will try to update this thread.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I have Windows 10 installed on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp, and can play games fine via the Origin client on Windows in Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro as well as on my Windows PCs.

I don't have Origin Access, so I don't know for sure and could be wrong about this, but I assume Origin Access is available on Macs with Windows installed.

However, one has to have a licensed copy of Windows to install on a Mac, and it's not cheap.

Several years ago, I bought a licensed copy of Microsoft Windows 8.1 Home Premium Edition on DVD (which I eventually upgraded for free to Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro), which allows one to install it on up to two different computers at the same time, for over 120 dollars.

One can buy an OEM copy of Windows for much cheaper prices. But one can install (and reinstall) it on one and only one computer - the very first computer one installs it on - unlike the one I have, which I can install and uninstall on various computers.

Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

Community Manager

@Era_Tomio 

Correct, if you're running Windows on a Mac, you'll be able to use Origin Access. When we say it's not available on "Mac" it's specifically about the operating system, macOS.

--Tom

Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs