Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: What's Origin Access Premier?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What's Origin Access Premier?

★★★★ Novice

So I was on origin and saw this thing called "Orgin Access Premier" and got confused because there's both "Origin Access" and "Origin Access Premier". So my question is what's the difference? 

Message 1 of 17 (17,530 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Origin Access lets you have the vault where u can play some titles for free, also get discount on things you buy on Origin. Origin Access Premier is an "upgrade" from Origin Access. It gives you about 100 games for free on Origin INCLUDING all the new releases such as FIFA, Anthem, Battlefield V.

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (18,363 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Origin Access lets you have the vault where u can play some titles for free, also get discount on things you buy on Origin. Origin Access Premier is an "upgrade" from Origin Access. It gives you about 100 games for free on Origin INCLUDING all the new releases such as FIFA, Anthem, Battlefield V.

Message 2 of 17 (18,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Guzzrich The post from @Shad0wXFX sums it up very well.

Premier is a new Origin Access membership tier that gives you unlimited access to the latest and greatest EA games before anyone else. These are not Play First Trials, it's the full games! They're yours to play for as long as you're a Premier member.

Message 3 of 17 (17,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Will I still have access to The Vault?
Message 4 of 17 (17,469 Views)

Community Manager

@Guzzrich No matter which option you choose you will still have access to titles in the vault. 

Message 5 of 17 (17,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So lets say I don't purchase Anthem, Fifa, or Madden 19 separately but I buy the year subscription for origin access PREMIUM, I will be able to play those games without purchasing them as long as I have my origin access Premium? Are we 100% certain about this? I see it to be too good to be true. I would buy all 3 of those games costing $180, that's only 3 games. They would be losing out. 

Message 6 of 17 (17,427 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Blazelizard8067 I am certain of it, you can read more about it in the FAQ here: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access/ea_play

What is Origin Access Premier?

Origin Access Premier is a new membership tier that gives you unlimited access to the latest and greatest EA games before anyone else. Imagine paying one low monthly or annual fee and getting to play new EA PC titles before launch. Not a Play First Trial, you get access to the full game – yours to play whenever you want for as long as you're a Premier member. No gates – no barriers. That’s the Premier experience.

Message 7 of 17 (17,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're pretty much missing the entire point of it. Not everyone is going to buy Anthem, Fifa, Madden, or Battlefield but they may have enough interest to spend the $15/mo or $100/yr to get them through Access Premier which is money that EA would have missed out on otherwise. Not to mention it's ONLY PC this is available on which isn't a massive audience for EA since it's majority playerbase is on console.

Message 8 of 17 (17,027 Views)

Community Manager

@nightdrifter05 I am not sure where the confusion is, if you purchase Origin Access Premier then you have full and unlimited access to titles such as FIFA and Madden as long as your membership is active. I am not sure how I can state it any clearer.

As for it only being on PC, well for the time being Origin Access Premier is a PC only membership. If you would like to see something similar on console then you would need to reach out to the respective console developers and ask them about plans for a similar service. 

Message 9 of 17 (17,018 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So if i get a subscription to orgin premier I can download and play any title that orgin supplies even If I didnt buy the title, correct?

Message 10 of 17 (15,558 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs