Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

We were unable to verify your credit or debit card.

by FuyuPyon

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

We were unable to verify your credit or debit card.

★★★★ Novice

I was using Origin access on a monthly plan and decided to switch on annual subscription.

On the renewal date, I got a message from EA saying that the payment could not be processed.

I tried again but it was failing (it was working fine with the same card on online shops).

I then removed my card information and tried to register the card again.

I now get the following message each time:

Your request could not be processed.
We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. Please check your payment details and try again. Alternatively try another credit card or payment option or check with your card issuer or bank.

I tried to contact the support by chat but the chat plugin seems to be broken because I only get a ticket number and no one in the chat popup.

The chat popup only displays the text: 

Thanks for Contacting EA!

Hold tight, we're putting your information together and contacting an EA Advisor.Please stick with us until we confirm your case number on the page behind this window.

I don't know if it can help but here is one of the ticket number I got.

Because I am based in Japan, I cannot use the callback system, and I am not able to call to the Japanese phone number support.

Is there an email we can contact the support?

Message 1 of 7 (352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: We were unable to verify your credit or debit card.

Community Manager

Support is available in a number of languages @FuyuPyon. If you have the correct country selected in the drop-down menu and it is allowing you to set up a call back then generally this means that support is available in your language.

As your issue relates to account and billing then you do need to speak with a live support adviser.

Darko

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (307 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @FuyuPyon.

You can find a lot of information about payment issues here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/origin-payment-errors/

We cannot help with account issues on AHQ so we would recommend speaking with our live support, if you are unable to open a chat can you try using a different browser to see it it makes a difference.

Darko

Message 2 of 7 (333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My error is not listed in the page you sent.

I tried the Chat option on Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and on 3 different computers and also an android phone.

None are working.

I would like to contact the live support but is unable to do so.

Don't you have an email address that can be used or another system than a non working chat or a non speaking English phone number?

Message 3 of 7 (329 Views)

Community Manager

Support is available in a number of languages @FuyuPyon. If you have the correct country selected in the drop-down menu and it is allowing you to set up a call back then generally this means that support is available in your language.

As your issue relates to account and billing then you do need to speak with a live support adviser.

Darko

Message 4 of 7 (308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My country is Japan, I want to speak to someone in English and this is not possible with your current support system as the only service proposed by your Japanese website is a Japanese number for Japanese speaking person and this number is closed outside of my working time...

I don't understand why there is such a complicated support system which is not even working properly...

Message 5 of 7 (300 Views)

★★★★ Novice

By the way the Japanese phone number is said to be available from monday to saturday between 11am and 8pm.

But when you call, you get a message saying that it's opened from monday to friday between 11am and 7pm.

Get you at least get 1 thing working?

Why is it so difficult to get help?

Message 6 of 7 (279 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that @FuyuPyon I will pass it on to the team to look into.

Darko

Message 7 of 7 (227 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs