Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Trial download used for BF2 launch?

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trial download used for BF2 launch?

★★★★ Novice

Just wondering if I still need to pre-load BF2 even though I have the trial version installed? I'm guessing they are both not compatible but I'm a lazy guy.

Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @GarransGaming

If it is any similar to Battlefield 1's launch a year back, chances are that you may not have to download it again; at least completely. Back then the Trial-version of the game was essentially the full game with a lock so once the game actually came out, it was pretty much ready out from the box after Origin just validated some files first.

Can't say for 100% sure though, this is just speculation from my part. One would need official confirmation to this in order to be 100% sure.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @GarransGaming

If it is any similar to Battlefield 1's launch a year back, chances are that you may not have to download it again; at least completely. Back then the Trial-version of the game was essentially the full game with a lock so once the game actually came out, it was pretty much ready out from the box after Origin just validated some files first.

Can't say for 100% sure though, this is just speculation from my part. One would need official confirmation to this in order to be 100% sure.

Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs