Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Suggestion to make Access Premier more appealing to EA veterans

by Neon82UK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion to make Access Premier more appealing to EA veterans

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have owned an Origin account since Battlefield 4 (I think) and have purchased many titles including premium passes etc, right up until now with the purchase of Battlefield V.

As a person who has already purchased and completed the majority of titles Access would offer, I find it very hard to justify paying £90 a year or £15 a month.

Now I am in a situation where I am considering buying Anthem depending on the quality of public demo this weekend (lets not talk of the VIP demo). But I cannot justify subscribing to Access Premier just for this one game. If I were to play the game for longer than two months it would end up costing more than if I bought the game independently from a digital key merchant.

With no visibility of the release road map for Access Premier, I have no way of looking ahead and calculating if an Access subscription will be worth maintaining. In order to pay £90 up front for a years access I would need to know for definite that at least 3 games that I am likely to play will be released on the platform.

I also feel there needs to be some kind of reward/incentive for people who already own EA titles featured on Access to opt into the Access scheme. I suppose the best way to do this would be to offer retro active credit based on number of titles owned. Actual time added to the access subscription based on pre-existing purchases. 

My suggestion is that anyone taking up a subscription to Access be credited two weeks of subscription time for each Access title already owned. OR a discount to the £90 annual fee, 5% per title for example.

This would reward past loyalty and allow the service to prove its self with future un-owned titles to people in my situation. It would also likely lead to their continued subscription moving forward.

P.S.

It upsets me that Premier will grant access to Anthem a full week early. This causes a split in gaming communities such as our Discord group where we would like to all play the game together for the first time as a shared experience. Which ever way you flip it either the premier members or the normal buyers are going to feel segregated from the community. Surely there is abetter way to incentivise a Premier subscription that does not interfere with what should be a joint experience. Anthem has many cosmetics and emotes. I'm sure you could have whipped something up significant enough as an alternative.

Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suggestion to make Access Premier more appealing to EA veterans

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us @Neon82UK.

I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us @Neon82UK.

I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[Removed by CM]

Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs