Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Steam controller compatibility.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam controller compatibility.

★★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

I use steam as long as i can remember so i'm a full time PC gamer.

Recently I bought the steam controller to game on the couch and play racing games. I found out that more recent games like Need for speed cannot be purchased at steam, so after a bit of googling i found out that that the steam controller can be used outside of steam games. And after searching many topics I found out that the option to auto close origin has been removed by your developers and that it's getting harder and harder to enable the steam controller.

I found out that with many workarounds the steam controller does work, but with lots of hassle.

You should be more compatible with 3rd party controllers as steam provides compatibillity with PS controllers as wel.

I don't mind buying games outside steam and purchasing them in origin, but now i found out that you are making it harder to play with the steam controller i'm not so stoked anymore to purchase them in origin.

Hope you will add this in further development, just autoclosing origin will help steam gamers to easily use the steam controller.

Greetings,

PartyfreakerNL

Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time share your feedback @PartyfreakerNL, I will pass it on to the team for consideration.

Darko 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time share your feedback @PartyfreakerNL, I will pass it on to the team for consideration.

Darko 

Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs