Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

*StarWars Battlefront Lie*

by CaptainClegnut

Original Post

*StarWars Battlefront Lie*

★★★★ Novice

For the last couple of weeks I have seen an advert at the top of The Vault. It clearly advertised that StarWars, Need For Speed, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst were coming to the vault this month. I logged in this morning, like I have done every day in anticipation of StarWars, and today the new games arrived, but StarWars isn't one of them. It's nowhere to be seen. I see this as blatant false advertising and misleading customers in order to secure Origin Access funds. I have spoken to an advisor over live chat, and they were clear on the fact they have no power or expertise to deal with legal matters, and I should leave any further legal conversation to my counsel and their legal team. I'm not usually given to complaining. But here I am. The reason; I'm a nice man, who fills out all of his Origin questionnaires. When asked what I would like to see in the vault, I said StarWSars. Imagine my excitement when that game is advertised as coming to The Vault for at least 2wks straight. A big fat banner at the top of the page clearly advertising it's imminent arrival to Origin Access members. According to the advisor, unless I have no screenshot of this, I have no proof it ever happened. So I'm expected to screenshot the Origin client every day just in case they do something illegal? Come on! I don't want to make a legal issue from this, I just want to play StarWars Battlefront from The Vault, like I paid for and was promised.

Message 1 of 15 (355 Views)

Re: *StarWars Battlefront Lie*

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I have been waiting for it too, screenshot here

Message 2 of 15 (326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Haha, nice one. That shows that we aren't making it up, and that StarWars is shown alongside Mirror's Edge and Need For Speed, and advertises that they will be available soon in Origin Access. That banner always advertises the games scheduled to be added next. Thanks for that man.

Message 3 of 15 (316 Views)

Community Manager

@CaptainClegnut @valdimarscriptus

The advertisement is listed as soon. Not all games are added at the same time so if Battlefront currently isn't available yet then it will still be added at a later time, as advertised.

I understand that you are eager to jump into the fray but I have to ask you to be patient just a bit longer for Battlefront.

--Tom

Message 4 of 15 (297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Tom wrote:

@CaptainClegnut @valdimarscriptus

The advertisement is listed as soon. Not all games are added at the same time so if Battlefront currently isn't available yet then it will still be added at a later time, as advertised.

I understand that you are eager to jump into the fray but I have to ask you to be patient just a bit longer for Battlefront.

Do you not see what I am talking about? Can you not see how putting those three games together hints at them arriving at the same time? Whenever games are advertised as coming soon, they appear at the top in that banner. With every Vault update, the games shown at the top are added to The Vault. Why show Battlefront alongside Mirror's Edge and NFS if it wasn't being added at the same time? False advertising to make people sign up for a month's access for a game which isn't available. I'm not clutching at straws here. It was a shady advert. Not impressed at all. There is a screenshot above which shows what I am talking about. There are advertising laws, and that was an advert which is covered by said laws. The advert is definitely misleading.

Message 5 of 15 (287 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"The Vault Just Got Bigger"  and now it's not showing Battlefront as an upcoming game and it's not in the vault list.  They must have decided not to release it to the vault after all.

Message 6 of 15 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@CaptainClegnut @HAZ300 @valdimarscriptus

Battlefront will still be added at a later time - while I cannot give a specific date at this time, I can confirm that it will be in the Vault before the end of the year.

I am however sorry to hear that our messaging confused you, something I have noted down to not let happen again next time.

--Tom

Message 7 of 15 (264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dunno Tom, maybe I should run that screenshot past my lawyer. Looks a lot like false advertising to me. It's nice of you to apologise, but that doesn't change the fact you mislead us. It's not just me.

Message 8 of 15 (242 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@CaptainClegnut

There was never a specific date stated in the advertisement; soon means upcoming, and that is still happening. I therefore disagree with you that this is false advertising.

Because I have provided you with a confirmation that Battlefront will still be added to the Vault before the end of the year, I don't have anything further to discuss on this matter. I would kindly like to request that you refrain from further discussion on the topic of supposed false advertisement as well.

If you do have any other related questions then I will still be happy to answer those for you.

--Tom

Message 9 of 15 (234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fully agree with what Misterxlolite has posted. I disagree that soon means upcoming as you have clearly advertised all three games together and released two of them and not the third. the banner clearly gives a FASLE impression that those are the next games to be released which was not the case, so to me this is FASLE advertisement. I bet Origin Access had done a lot better in the last couple of weeks with that banner on show? And asking him not to 'refrain from further discussion on the topic of supposed false advertisement as well' to comes across as a threat no matter how kindly you write it.

Message 10 of 15 (226 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs