Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: *StarWars Battlefront Lie*

by EA_Tom

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Can you explain why I should "refrain from further discussion on the topic of supposed false advertisement"? I'm not being hostile or confrontational, but you can't make a request like that without giving me a really good reason. I am clearly not the only one who feels deceived on this matter. 

Message 11 of 15 (119 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I must admit that I had the same impression - just like the other guys who posted here - that all 3 games would be available as a batch of new games in the Vault and I was very excited about one game in particular: "Star Wars - Battlefront". I've been checking the EA access announcements several times per week since this great announcement and I'm looking forward to play Battlefront via EA Access subscription.

As you may imagine I'm one of the many Star Wars mega-fans and I was very dissapointed when I recently noticed that Battlefront was not added as a new game in the Vault. Not quite what I had imagined after seeing that exciting announcement... Frown

I would like to subscribe for EA Access once Star Wars - Battlefront become available. (as I'm a huge SW fan)

I'm also sure that many other players share the same thinking and had the same hopes and I hope that this is a good reason for you to add the game shortly to the Vault for us - the EA games fans.

Message 12 of 15 (106 Views)

Community Manager

@zampard @CaptainClegnut @Alumniae

Since I've provided a confirmation that Battlefront is still upcoming, there isn't anything further to add about this matter at the moment. I've also detailed in a previous post that I forwarded the complaints about the advertisement so that we can avoid similar confusion to you and other players in the future.

Since this is a community related help forum, I want to to make sure that when a question is answered we don't derail into a further discussion - especially if there are threats of legal action. While you are free to take such action if you so desire, it has no place here on Answers HQ.

--Tom

Message 13 of 15 (94 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's not very "customer-centric" Tom. We all feel deceived. I spoke to an advisor on live chat and was directed here, so I posted it here. Now you're telling me this isn't the place for such discussions. Where am I supposed to raise this issue then? Instead of dealing with the problem, you're dismissing it, and that's not nice Tom. Now more people are agreeing with me, that it was misleading. I don't feel the conversation has gone off topic, and the thread is in fact in the right place. Unless you can direct me to the correct thread where I will get a reply from someone who can actually do something, and not try and cover this up.

Message 14 of 15 (90 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@CaptainClegnut

You have raised the issue, both here and with an Advisor - any confusion that the advertisement might cause has been forwarded, and at the moment there isn't anything else I can add about the advertisement itself. Battlefront will still be added to the Vault at a later time.

We are going in circles here so I will close this thread.

--Tom

Message 15 of 15 (78 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs