Special Pricing for Turkey

by ByTheEfsanee

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Special Pricing for Turkey

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I loved the Origin Access Premier system and I really wanna buy it but... Prices are too crazy in Turkey. 100 Euro means so much in turkey (550 TL, minimum wage in Turket is just 1600 TL). It's just annoying.

Also I wanna say EA Access is available for 12 TL/month, 65 TL/year (4 Euro/month, 25 Euro/year for Origin Access).

When will you do special pricing for Turkey for Origin. I love Origin but it's nearly imposible to buy anything in store.

Message 1 of 11 (1,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Pricing for Turkey

Community Manager

@GandalfArda

That's a great description. Thanks for going into detail!

I can't promise you changes to the membership pricing or dedicated Origin store in Turkey. What I can do is forward your feedback to the team to have it reviewed. If you've other questions in the meantime please reach out to me.

Thank you,

--Tom

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,499 Views)

All Replies

Re: Special Pricing for Turkey

Community Manager

@ByTheEfsanee

That is likely the price for the whole of Europe:

How much does Origin Access Premier cost?

When Launching later this summer, Origin Access Premier will be available for € 14,99/ month or € 99,99/ year.

Source: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access/ea_play

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 11 (1,710 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is sure prices are not locally decided but if ea games wants to extend their marketing strategy, they need to local pricing policy especially for Turkey. 

Because Turkish currency is on the bottom right now if you compare with other European currencies.  

Average salary is only 460 EUR in Turkey. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry
But this pricing is not fair for Turkey. As said above, one year Access Primer is almost 1/3 of minimum salary. At Microsoft Store Turkey, One-Year EA Access for Xbox is 65 Turkish Liras (~11.5 Euros!) which is fair price for us.
Before seen this topic here, I contacted live chat and they found me right. But asked me to write in forums (which has no category for this situation).
Turkish Lira is far more lower than Euro, Dollar and Sterlin, so there musn't be the same price. Even people doesn't accept same pricing for Sterlin and Dollar

Steam launched Turkish Lira sales a few years ago and they greatly improved sales. For comparing:

Mass Effect on Origin is 7.99 Euros (~45 Turkish Liras)
Mass Effect on Steam France is 9.99 Euros (~56.3 Turkish Liras) but in Steam Turkey it's 31 Turkish Liras (~5.5 Euros). Even 3rd party sites which sells keys are sometimes cheaper than Origin for us. We barely buy something from Origin Store because of currency.

Message 4 of 11 (1,443 Views)

Origin Pricing for Turkey

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I posted this on another topic but didn't get an answer. It was closed but not with a satisfying answer.

In Turkey Origin Store sells products with Euro but we use Turkish Lira. Against Euro, Turkish Lira has too low value. Right now, 1 Euro = ~5.58 Turkish Lira. Minimum wage in Turkey is about 1600 Turkish Lira (~285 Euro). O
ne year Access Primer is almost 1/3 of minimum salary. But at Microsoft Store Turkey, One-Year EA Access for Xbox is 65 Turkish Lira (~11.5 Euro!) which is fair price for us.
Before this topic, I contacted live chat and they found me right. But asked me to write in forums (which has no category for this situation).

Turkish Lira is far more lower than Euro, Dollar and Sterlin, so there musn't be the same price. Even people doesn't accept same pricing for Sterlin and Dollar

Steam launched Turkish Lira sales a few years ago and they greatly improved sales.

For comparing:

Mass Effect on Origin is 7.99 Euro (~45 Turkish Lira)
Mass Effect on Steam France is 9.99 Euro (~56.3 Turkish Lira)

Mass Effect on Steam Turkey is 31 Turkish Lira (~5.5 Euro).

Even 3rd party sites which sells keys are sometimes cheaper than Origin for us. We barely buy something from Origin Store because of currency.

Origin Store needs to be localized for Turkey

Message 5 of 11 (1,373 Views)

Community Manager

@GandalfArda

That's a great description. Thanks for going into detail!

I can't promise you changes to the membership pricing or dedicated Origin store in Turkey. What I can do is forward your feedback to the team to have it reviewed. If you've other questions in the meantime please reach out to me.

Thank you,

--Tom

Message 6 of 11 (1,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Even that is enough. Thank you!
Message 7 of 11 (1,330 Views)

Community Manager

You're welcome, GandalfArda :-)

--Tom

Message 8 of 11 (1,310 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it has been 9 months and we are still waiting for update

Message 9 of 11 (729 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Tom

Any updates on this issue? Turkish players really need special pricing for both store and Origin Access.
A great Spring Sale is going on right now but without special pricing for Turkey, I just don't want to buy. This applies to almost all of Turkish players.
Message 10 of 11 (385 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs