Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sick of poor Quality basic access games???

by krowbar200801

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sick of poor Quality basic access games???

★★★★ Novice

Its been so long now since we had a good title in the basic vault.

Its starting to feel like we were all suckered in with the pretty good library at the start and now they are just counting down until there next payment, and by then well your invested because of the games you have played already.

Its slowly Starting to look like steam with all these terrible terrible Indi games. 

I would like it better if nothing went up instead of this rubbish, then at least it would shine a light on this potential con job. 

I'm not saying put up new games I realise that's the premiere rip off.... I mean price point, but there are so many awesome older titles that we need to see. Ill be keeping an eye on the basic vault and if nothing changes ill cut my losses and end my subscription..... Maybe buy the games I've invested in online for cheap.

BUT PLEASE MAKE THEM STOP PUTTING UP THIS *.

Message 1 of 6 (661 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Sick of poor Quality basic access games???

★★ Novice

I Would love to see some of the UFC games myself, maybe some Skate, Army of Two, and Need for Speed also.

I fall into the grouping of people who are tired of seeing indie games more than anything else as well. It is cool that they get added, but atleast add an older A list game each time also... Heck id be satisfied to see a sport title each time, or some old Lord of the Rings games or something(more my style).

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (586 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @krowbar200801 thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

I can't say that I share your view as honestly, I love that the vault is adding more out there and unusual titles, in the past few months I've put more hours into This is the Police, Gonner, Kingdom: New Lands,  Hearts of Iron III, The Witness and Mr. Shifty than I have any major release this year. 

I will pass your feedback on to the team but personally, I would hate to see the smaller more niche titles dropped from the Vault.

What older games would you like to see added? 

Darko

Message 2 of 6 (625 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I Would love to see some of the UFC games myself, maybe some Skate, Army of Two, and Need for Speed also.

I fall into the grouping of people who are tired of seeing indie games more than anything else as well. It is cool that they get added, but atleast add an older A list game each time also... Heck id be satisfied to see a sport title each time, or some old Lord of the Rings games or something(more my style).

Message 3 of 6 (587 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yeah im not saying the first lineup of games wasn't great because it was, but now we seem to be getting shovel ware.

Yeah there's a few hidden gems but unfortunately there's so much rubbish coming through it buries them underneath. 

I would expect at least one older AAA game every few months and 2 Indi games that have done well and are more established. All the shovel ware should stay on steam as I think origin is going in the same direction. Oversaturation of terrible games.

Message 4 of 6 (456 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I completely agree with this. I bought the subscription because there were three or four games in the library that made it worth it, but since then its been all garbage. I paid for a year up front, unless something changes, which I really have my doubts, I will be cancelling. Stuff like this turns me off not just to the vault but the company behind it all. 

Message 5 of 6 (390 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ok EA...……………………………………………………...AT LAST...……….. a step in the correct direction for late December games.

I already own battlefront  2 but that's fine lots of people don't. And the Knights games as well.....awesome.

Now please don't just make this a Christmas present  and please keep it going in the new year.

This is the type of content we are looking for.

Don't go back to your old ways of Steam shovel wear and maybe people will stay..... well lets face it...… renting.

Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)
Twitter Stream