Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Orign Access Premium and Anthem. How does it work?

by SgtCullen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Orign Access Premium and Anthem. How does it work?

★★★★ Novice

Hey! Firstly, I had a question regarding the Origin Access premium and the link between playing Anthem (which im super hyped about, love bioware). As I understand it, having origin access premium means you get full access to the game, 1 week before release as well as playing it once its released with a simple subscription to origin premium. You get all the benefits from the Legion of Dawn edition for just the subscription fee. I am unclear if that is what you get so I would like some confirmation if possible that you get "everything" essentially just for the subscription or have I just completely gotten the wrong end of the stick. 

Secondly if the above turns out to be true then would i also be right in assuming that once you cancel your origin premium access that you will no longer have access to play Anthem as well as lose the benefits of the Legion of Dawn edition that comes with Anthem. I am unsure if my Origin Premium access will continue however, I am most likely going to be playing Anthem even if my subscription to Origin premium discontinues so with that said, if I can no longer gain access to Anthem, would I have to buy the game, ontop of the monthly fee i've been paying for a few months now? Also, would I need to buy the Legion of Dawn edition to get the edition specific rewards or is buying the standard edition enough as you already have the Legion of Dawn edition from having the Origin Premium access? 

Sorry for the multiple layerd question, not sure whats the best course of action especially money wise as i dont want to end up paying like £30-£45 and then a further £60 on top of that. The Student life is a hard one :'D 

Message 1 of 12 (675 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
You’d still keep the bonus and the progress. It’s like paying for final fantasy 14 on a monthly basis. Let’s say u don’t pay next months subscription. If you come back after 2 months you’ll still have all your stuff on your character.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (523 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
I’m looking for the exact same answers. Let’s hope someone from ea will reply to this.
Message 2 of 12 (603 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that by signing up for origin premier you will get full access to the LOD version of the game.

Message 3 of 12 (552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

but say you cancel your premium subscription and buy the Anthem standard addition, do you still keep the LOD content which u got from the subscription or would i need to buy the LOD addition on top of having already payed for premium? thats wat im wondering cause i dont know which version to buy right now. I subbed to premium to test out some other games like BF5 and other which i may buy but not feeling like paying a monthly fee 

Message 4 of 12 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You’d still keep the bonus and the progress. It’s like paying for final fantasy 14 on a monthly basis. Let’s say u don’t pay next months subscription. If you come back after 2 months you’ll still have all your stuff on your character.
Message 5 of 12 (524 Views)

★★★★ Novice
thanks mate, appreciate the help. I dont think i'll sub after trying out soem games only time i'll sub is try some other games out but i guess, i play anthem and then buy it later. Thanks x
Message 6 of 12 (518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm looking for an answer as well.

Since I wanna play Anthem a week before the normal release, I'll have to buy premium.

I've also already pre ordered the normal version of Anthem.

The reason I want an answer from an EA employee is cause I read something a few months back.

Because you get dlcs and such with premium, you can't just cancle and buy the standard version cause your "save" wouldn't load without you buying the dlcs as well.

Just want someone to confirm that that won't happen in this case. Because I get extra stuff with premium, it won't work later when I try to log in with the normal version of Anthem.

Hope that makes sense..

Message 7 of 12 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You dont have to worry about the DLCs. All supporting content, DLCs and story/mission updates and end game activities added to anthem will be FREE. They have said its not going to be paid DLC or Season pass DLCs. Origin premium saves your content to your account and as you have the game purchased already, you will still have access to all the content anthem provides. If they release any content requiring payment, that can be made at later time when it is about to be release. So dont worry about that.

Message 8 of 12 (504 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If that's the case as you say.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for ppl to buy 1 month of premium and the standard version of the game instead of the dawn edition?

Message 9 of 12 (502 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Not sure about the prices where you are from but Its safe to assume even with currency differences that the price will effectively be the same. For example with the 10% discount in effect as a origin member. The standard version is £49.49 and the LoD edition is £62.99. If I were to do as you said, then factoring in the Premium price which is £14.99. So standard + 1 month sub is equal to £64.48. Not that much more expensive but still its more money than buying the LoD. Another way to look at it is that you're paying £1.49 for 1 week early access. Hope that helps.
Message 10 of 12 (491 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs