Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin payment problem

by Fryseboxen

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin payment problem

★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to buy one month of origin premium access to play BF5 early.

However, if I try to pay within the origin client, I get "can't process payment" error. I am using a VISA debit card, I don't have a credit card nor do I want one. My card isn't blocked, I just tried transfering some funds to my steam wallet and that works fine. Normal banking works fine too.

If I try to add a saved payment option through the EA account site, I get the error message "Invalid sign in last name", because I am Norwegian and my last name contains "æ" (really nice job there. And no, replacing "æ" with "ae" as is customary in other applications doesn't work either). I preordered BF5 with the same card two months ago, and I bought BF1 with the same card about 1 year ago as well.

Someone please explain? A sign from the gods to stop throwing money at EA?

Message 1 of 11 (1,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin payment problem

Community Manager

Hey @Fryseboxen, sorry to see that you are having issues. I would suggest taking a moment to double check the details you entered and compare them to those which your bank/card issuer has on file. Generally, you will run into issues if the information is not identical. 

I would also double check the payment options and ensure that your card is accepted on Origin, you can find the full list of payment methods here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/ordering-payment-information/

If you have further questions concerning your account it may be worth speaking with our live support who will be able to take a look at your account and see if there are any issues.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,553 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Fryseboxen, sorry to see that you are having issues. I would suggest taking a moment to double check the details you entered and compare them to those which your bank/card issuer has on file. Generally, you will run into issues if the information is not identical. 

I would also double check the payment options and ensure that your card is accepted on Origin, you can find the full list of payment methods here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/ordering-payment-information/

If you have further questions concerning your account it may be worth speaking with our live support who will be able to take a look at your account and see if there are any issues.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Message 2 of 11 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's insulting to assume that people can't read and insert numbers correctly, I've obviously tried several times.

Visa debit is an accepted payment option.

I believe your response is a blanket copy paste, do they pay you for copying standardized responses to different questions?

EDIT: Managed to pay with PayPal, using the exact same card. You might want to fix your payment solutions.

Message 3 of 11 (1,544 Views)

Community Manager

@Fryseboxen Sorry if you felt insulted, that was not my intention. My comments were not in relation to your card details but rather you other information such as address, if they do not exactly match what the bank has on file then you can run into the issues you faced.

I would ask that if posting you do so in a polite manner, there is never a reason to post in an insulting or impolite manner as users on AHQ, myself included only want to help. 

Darko

Message 4 of 11 (1,518 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've run into this very problem and it's with the card that I have always been able to purchase games on with origin.  And it is not a problem with my bank or insufficient funds because I just got paid hours ago and as I said before I've used this same card to purchase pretty much all of my EPs, GPs, and SPs for the sims 4.

Message 5 of 11 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the exact same issue, I've been through it with a Live chat twice now and their end solutions which was supposed to "Definetly fix it" did not work. I still can't pay with my card or my Paypal for that matter. Even tho it works just fine on other services, stores etc.

Message 6 of 11 (1,013 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @TKBauer.

Can I ask you to check your Origin country and store and ensure that they are set correctly?

Darko

Message 7 of 11 (996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Origin Country and Store is set correctly (Norway). But my problem stil occurs, I was E-mailed a step guide on deleting all origin files except LocalContent, and it still does not work. I've tried Different cards and payment methods on different pc's and phones. Nothing works. It is only Origin that has this problem.

I've called my bank and checked, nothing wrong on their end, and my Card and Paypal works fine on other platforms. The ref I get is [ref. #10048] and this has apperantly been a problem for people since 2012. 

In short this has been a problem for 7 years and there's no fix to it.

Message 8 of 11 (979 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

not sure if this ever got solved. BUT! i just had this issue! and i spent an hour on support chat just for them to FINALLY suggest that i turn off my VPN. turned it off and it worked right away. told them to tell everyone who works for their support to just suggest that first cause that took waaaaaaay too long. anyways hope that helps :D

Message 9 of 11 (605 Views)

Community Manager

Unless you inform our support of the fact that you are using a VPN @Gamma1618 then they are unlikely to consider it as a first step. Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get the issue fixed.

Darko

Message 10 of 11 (564 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs