Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin access Apex Legends loot

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Origin access Apex Legends loot

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

what if I subscibe to Origin Access (BASIC, 4€), will I be able to clain Ape Legends loot and keep it FOREVER even if I unsubscribe?

Thanks!

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/origin-access-premier-ea-access-bonus?isLocalized=true

Message 1 of 8 (1,506 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Calamityyy_1337 

Great question! Those exclusive items should not be taken away from your account once your membership expires or gets cancelled Standard smile

EDIT:

I'm sorry for causing some misinformation with my previous reply, but I'll try to explain a bit better how it works now. The Origin Access offer grants you:

• 1000 Apex Coins (which can be spend on various items or even unlocking new Legends)
  • An exclusive Flatline Epic Weapon Skin
  • A special Banner Badge.

If you look at the Origin Access terms, you will find this line there: AFTER YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD OR PLAY FIRST TRIAL ENDS, YOU WILL NOT HAVE FURTHER ACCESS TO MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS, INCLUDING VAULT TITLES, GAME UPGRADES, OR IN-GAME PURCHASE [...]

It means that all the items will become unavailable after your membership expires, but with Apex Legends the situation got slightly more complicated, because of the coins that you can spend on unlocking various things, but we're clearing that out with the studio at the moment, so you can expect another update on this thread once we will be 100% sure how the system should work.

Again, sorry for misinterpreting your question and causing confusion in the first place Frown

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any update on this?

Here is the original promotion:

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/origin-access-premier-ea-access-bonus

Nowhere in there does it say the items are only available until your sub runs out.  

It also doesn't make sense that this would be a limited time event (until june) if the items were temporary.  

Unless someone intentionally wanted to mislead people into buying it by making it appear like it operated differently than it actually does.  

Message 3 of 8 (1,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I feel misled as well.

Message 4 of 8 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same

Message 5 of 8 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i bought origin access basic and didnt get any of the loot for apex legends. Do you maybe know what is the problem?

Message 6 of 8 (1,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, no. 

The text says: 

Play Apex Legends by June 30, 2019 using the EA Account linked to your Origin Access Premier or Origin Access Basic membership, or the Xbox Live account linked to your EA Access membership, and you’ll be able to snag all this:

• 1000 Apex Coins (worth $9.99†)
  • An exclusive Flatline Epic Weapon Skin (“In the Game” for Origin Access members, and “Greenback” for EA Access members)
  • A special Banner Badge.

Oxford dictionary for "snag" is the following: 

snag verb (OBTAIN) ​ to obtain or catch something by acting quickly:

So it is not "rent" or anything similar, it's snag, as to obtain, not depending on any conditions. I feel this is deceiving the customers, and if we do not get the Flatline skin, I will unlink my Paypal and this is the last payment EA is getting from me in this Lifetime. 
Message 7 of 8 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe where it says that is in these terms of service that most people gloss over.

Message 8 of 8 (454 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs