Origin Access & Prepaid Card

★★★★ Novice

When will Origin Access support prepaid cards ? I cant buy with prepaid cards

Message 1 of 24 (8,335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Access & Prepaid Card

Community Manager

UPDATE:

Yes, you are able to use your EA Wallet (via EA Cash Cards) to purchase Origin Access in selection regions. Check this article to find out if this payment method is available in your region:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/ea-cash-card-information/

--Tom

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (3,118 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@SerhatSPY Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Origin Access. Unfortunately, I am currently not aware of any plans to make payment with prepaid cards possible. 

Should this change in the future, we will let you know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 24 (10,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it is ridiculous that Origin Access is not available to customers who don't use a credit card or a traditional bank. I use my prepaid card for every subscription service that I have, netflix, hulu, spotify, etc. It's good enough to purchase games on Origin but not for Origin Access. So, because of that I have to pay full price for games like Sim City that are included with Access. I tried to express this feedback via email but only got a rude email in response from someone who couldn't speak english and told me to call support for help. I want to give EA my $5 a month. It looks like an awesome service, but my prepaid card isn't worth it to EA. Credit cards and Bank Accounts can also not have money on them. 

Message 3 of 24 (8,281 Views)

Community Manager

@cnh10487 @SerhatSPY

I am not aware how this works for other services, but because Origin Access is a recurring subscription it currently only supports credit cards.

We are still investigating adding further payment options in the future but these will sadly remain unavailable for the moment.

--Tom

Message 4 of 24 (8,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

okay that's NOT a legitimate reason for this denial of service, LITERALLY all of my subscriptions are recurring charges and they have no problem with prepaid. This is a really poor decision from EA

Message 5 of 24 (8,256 Views)

Community Manager

@burga2003

Feedback regarding the payment methods has been forwarded, but at the moment I've got no news about changes to availability additional methods.

--Tom

Message 6 of 24 (8,251 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Star wars the old republic, and many other subscription based(if wanted) games and mmog's are mostly recurring subscriptions and THEY allow prepaid CC's so why cant Origin Access? helly ST:the  old republic IS on origin(though not OA)

Message 7 of 24 (8,036 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently found this out too, this cannot be the problem because as someone else already pointed out there are several if not ALL other popular subscription services that accept prepaid cards e.g netflix.

Message 8 of 24 (7,789 Views)

★★★★ Novice
One year prepaid or a recurring service. A reminder or 2 at 11 months. banner on games all of the 12th. Its common sense business practices. If the product is good people will pay again if not they just let it run out.
Message 9 of 24 (7,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have $$ in my EA wallet and i cant use it for a year of Origin access?? That's pretty ridiculous 

Message 10 of 24 (7,615 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs