Origin Access Premier FAQ

by EA_Tom

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

What is Origin Access Premier?

It’s a new membership tier that gives you access to the latest and greatest EA games before anyone else. Imagine playing new EA PC titles days before launch for a monthly or annual fee. Not a Play First Trial, you get access to the full game – yours to play for as long as you're a Premier member. No gates – no barriers – just the best of EA available before launch. That’s the Premier experience.

What about current memberships?

If you're a current member the only thing that's changing is the name. From now on your membership tier will be called Origin Access Basic. You'll still get all the same benefits – access to The Vault, Play First Trials and an awesome 10% discount – all at the same price.

What’s the difference between Basic and Premier?

Here’s what you get with Basic membership:

• Access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play any games that have already been added as much as you want for as long as you're a member. Dive into awesome titles like Battlefield 1, The Sims 4, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Batman™: Arkham Origins, Mad Max and more!

• The chance to try out our new games days before release with Play First Trials

• A 10% discount on Origin digital purchases including full games, expansions, points packs and more.

Here’s what you get with Premier membership:

• Full access to our games starting five days before they release. That’s right, no more gated trials  – you get the full game, first. And it’s yours to play as long as you’re a member. And they're yours to play as long as you're a Premier member!

• Access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play awesome titles like Battlefield 1, The Sims 4, Unravel Two, Batman™: Arkham Origins, Mad Max and more!

• The same 10% discount on Origin digital purchases including full games, expansions, points packs and more.

Can I upgrade from a Basic to a Premier membership?

You sure can! From the nav bar select Origin Access > Manage My Membership and choose a Premier membership and monthly or annual billing plan. Your new membership will start immediately, giving you instant access to everything Premier has to offer.

Still have time left on your Basic membership? When you upgrade we’ll convert that time into a dollar amount that will be automatically refunded to you!

Have more questions about changing your membership? Please speak with an advisor.

Can I change my Premier membership to Basic?

You sure can! From the nav bar select Origin Access > Manage My Membership and choose a Basic membership and monthly or annual billing plan. Your new membership will start at the end of your current billing cycle. Have more questions about changing your membership? Please speak with an advisor

How much does Origin Access Premier cost?

Origin Access Premier is available for $14.99/ month or $99.99/ year.

Is Origin Access Premier a streaming service?

No, you still need to download and install the games on your computer to play them.

Is Origin Access Premier available on other platforms?

Origin Access Premier is only available for PC. EA Access is available on Xbox One but is not connected to Origin access.

Do I get to keep playing the games after the early access period?

As a long as you’re an Origin Access Premier member, absolutely. The games added to Premier will be available to play whenever you want and as much as you want.

--Tom

Message 1 of 1 (3,578 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs