Origin Access FAQ

by EA_Tom

Original Post

Origin Access FAQ

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Origin Access FAQ

What is Origin Access?

Glad you asked! Origin Access is a PC gaming subscription. There are two tiers of membership, Basic and Premier.

Here’s what you get with Basic membership:

• Access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play any games that have already been added as much as you want for as long as you're a member. Dive into awesome titles like Battlefield 1, The Sims 4, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Batman™: Arkham Origins, Mad Max and more!
  • The chance to try out our new games days before release with Play First Trials.

• A 10% discount on Origin digital purchases including full games, expansions, points packs and more.

Here’s what you get with Premier membership:

• Full access to our games starting five days before they release. That’s right, no more gated trials  – you get the full games, first. And they're yours to play as long as you're a Premier member!
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play awesome titles like Battlefield 1, The Sims 4, Unravel Two, Batman™: Arkham Origins, Mad Max and more!

• The same 10% discount on Origin digital purchases including full games, expansions, points packs and more.

How do I join Origin Access?

Simple - all you gotta do is sign up. Just follow the on-screen instructions and you'll be knee-deep in games in no time.

How do I cancel my Origin Access membership?

Cancelling your Origin Access membership is quick and easy. From the nav bar select Origin Access > Manage My Membership. Just click the “Cancel my membership”  link at the bottom to get started. No fuss, no muss. (By the way, should you rejoin, all your games will be waiting for you, right where you left off). You can cancel from either the Origin client or Origin.com.

What if I want to cancel Origin Access before my membership ends?

If you cancel your membership prior to your next monthly or annual billing date, you won't be charged for the following month or year. You'll be able to continue to play Vault games, use your discount and jump into any available Play First Trials (if you’re a Basic member) or brand new full games (if you’re a Premier member) until your membership expires.

Please note there are no refunds for either monthly or yearly membership fees regardless of when you cancel.

Can I upgrade from a Basic to a Premier membership?

You sure can! From the nav bar select Origin Access > Manage My Membership and choose a Premier membership and monthly or annual billing plan. Your new membership will start immediately, giving you instant access to everything Premier has to offer.

Still have time left on your Basic membership? When you upgrade we’ll convert that time into a dollar amount that will be automatically refunded to you!

Have more questions about changing your membership? Please speak with an advisor.

Can I change my Premier membership to Basic?

You sure can! From the nav bar select Origin Access > Manage My Membership and choose a Basic membership and monthly or annual billing plan. Your new membership will start at the end of your current billing cycle. Have more questions about changing your membership? Please speak with an advisor.

What's The Vault?

The Vault is a growing collection of great PC games included in your membership. We’re talking full versions, yours to play as much as you want. Plus, more games are added over time. The Vault is awesome now. It’s getting even… awesomer. Find out more here.

Does The Vault include third party games?

Yep! You’ll be able to play select games from other publishers with your Origin Access membership – and more are added over time, so your Origin Access library will keep on growing.

Why do games in The Vault vary from country to country?

Short answer: different countries have different rules about what games can be sold or made available. The result: what you see in The Vault may vary slightly by locale.

What are Play First Trials? Will my progress carry over?

Play First Trials let you download and play upcoming EA games before they’re released for a limited time. Yep – that’s right, you’ll be the first to play EA’s latest and greatest with an Origin Access Basic membership. And because you’re playing the real game, not a demo, your progress will carry over, so you can pick up where you left off if you decide to purchase the game.See current and upcoming Play First Trials.

What's the difference between a demo, a free trial and a Play First Trial?

Demos: Stand-alone chunks of a game designed to give players a taste of what it offers.

Free trials: These are available to all Origin players, including those who are not Origin Access members. In some cases, your progress and stats carry over if you decide to buy.

Play First Trials: The real game, yours to play before it’s released (for a limited time). These are exclusive to Origin Access members. If you purchase the game once it’s out, your stats and progress carry over.

What can I use my member discount on?

As a member of Origin Access, you'll score an automatic 10% discount on purchases from Origin.com, including new releases and pre-orders. Ditto for expansions, game packs, points, you name it. Please note: to receive the discount, the purchase must be made via Origin.

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play games with my Origin Access membership?

For Play First Trials, you'll need an Internet connection. You can play some Vault games offline, but you'll need to periodically reconnect to Origin to verify that you're still a member.

Can I play Origin Access games on PC and Mac?

Origin Access is only available on PC. Vault games and Play First Trials cannot be played on a Mac.

I encountered an error while playing a classic title. What gives?

We love classic games and we're committed to bringing them to Origin Access. Because technology changes so much over the years (floppy disks, anyone?), playing older games on newer systems can sometimes lead to errors. Have more questions? Please contact Customer Experience.

How much is Origin Access Basic?

An Origin Access Basic membership is just $4.99 a month. Or you can save even more by signing up for a full year for $29.99 - a membership pays for itself if you buy even one game with your 10% discount!

How much is Origin Access Premier?

An Origin Access Premier membership is available $14.99 a month or $99.99 a year – you also get the 10% discount!

Is Origin Access a streaming service?

No, you still need to download and install the games on your computer to play them.

Is Origin Access available on other platforms?

Origin Access is only available for PC.

EA Access is available on Xbox One but is not connected to Origin access.

What payment methods can I use to purchase an Origin Access membership?

We currently accept credit cards and PayPal.

Can I purchase an Origin Access membership at a physical retail store?

Origin Access memberships are only available for purchase online.

--Tom

Message 1 of 1 (9,644 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs