Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin Access - Does Not Work With Already Owned Titles

by Drifterella

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Access - Does Not Work With Already Owned Titles

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently purchased Origin Access in order to replay Dragon Age: Inquisition with the included DLC, but was confused and disappointed to find out that I could not access the DLCs that state they are included with Origin Access. I opened a support ticket and got someone who seemed confused, then told me that I was confused and that I had made a mistake in purchasing Access... It was quite rude. Either way, he was able to refund my purchase, but I have to ask why? 

Why does Origin Access advertise the inclusion of DLCs for popular titles and provide them - but only to people who do not own the title already. It is shady advertisement. Origin Access versions of games could be coded into the platform just like "Game of the Year" or "Deluxe Edition" and overwrite versions of a game which do not include advertised DLC - at least then it would fulfill the promises it advertises and save everyone some headache. To reiterate the real question here: Why does Origin Access advertise itself as offering DLCs that it cannot provide if you own a game without stating that owning a game will interfere with the Origin Access offers? 

Hopefully this being up will solve some other people the two hours I spent waiting and then chatting with a customer service rep who sent me remarks like:

[NAME](MYNAME) the origin vault is designed to play the base games only and all the DLC's are the in-game features of the base game.
[NAME]That's how the game is created (MYANME).
[NAME]If the developers add all the DLC's of the game in the Vault then do you think that the EA games get profit with it.
youBut origin access directly grants you access to those DLCs and the games themselves
youIt is listed on orgin access - and is how it works if you don't own the base game already.
youIt's false advertisement.
[NAME]Yes you're right about it (MYNAME) but if you really enjoy the game through the Origin Access why did you buy the game itself then.
youBecause when I chose to spend my hard earned money to support Bioware and Electronic Arts, Origin Access didn't exist.
youAnd to continue to support the developers and producers of games I enjoy, I bought Origin Access - which advertised itself as containing more products I wanted.

This went on for a bit before he asked me if he should continue with my request for a refund, to which I said yes and he said this: 

[NAME]I can understated (MYNAME) sometimes we make mistakes on our little excitements, isn't that correct (MYNAME).

I'm including this here in case someone from EA wants to address why me supporting you and the developers you publish is me making a mistake. I have a transcript of my chat available. 
Message 1 of 9 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Bainpls

Yeah, we picked that up as well - I agree that it is confusing. I will put in a request to get this changed.

Thanks again for taking the time to point this out to us.

--Tom

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (911 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Bainpls

Hi there,

Origin Access grants the Digital Deluxe version of Inquisition, which includes the following:

• Flames of the Inquisition Arsenal, Armor, and Armored Mount
  • Dragon Age Multiplayer Deluxe Edition chests
  • Skyhold Throne, Red Hart Halla and Bog Unicorn
  • Digital Soundtrack

What is not included:

• Jaws of Hakkon DLC Pack
  • The Descent DLC Pack
  • Trespasser DLC Pack
  • Spoils of the Avvar
  • Spoils of the Qunari

You can see for yourself what is included by navigating to the Inquisition page on the Origin store:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/dragon-age/dragon-age-inquisition/digital-deluxe-edition

If there is still any confusion left, could you point me to where you saw reference to all DLC being included? Perhaps I can clear things up for you then.

--Tom

Message 2 of 9 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Really? It says right here in my origin client it includes the deluxe edition, as well as the DLC. I attached some screenshots for you. @EA_Tom

Message 3 of 9 (688 Views)

Community Manager

@Bainpls

I think that I understand the confusion here. See the following screenshot that explains the check-marks that you are seeing:

Capture.PNG

In this case the check-marks are not signifying which content you own, but rather what is available for each different edition. The Origin Store also says the following when selecting the Digital Deluxe:

Dragon Age™: Inquisition Digital Deluxe is available with Origin Access

Download and play a growing collection of great games for just € 3.99/month.

However, what I do see adding to any confusion is the "In your game library" coupled with "included with Origin Access". It appears that this check-mark is referring to the top of the page:

Capture2.PNG

I definitely understand the confusion here so I will try to get the changed. to clarify, were the screenshots taken on a mobile device? I checked on the client and the website and it looks a bit different for me.

--Tom

Message 4 of 9 (655 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was taken from a desktop with the Origin client in a smaller window. When you bring Origin to full screen mode, the issue goes away. Screenshots should help explain it. 

Message 5 of 9 (651 Views)

Community Manager

@Bainpls

Hi there,

I just want to make sure that it is clear to you now what is and isn't included with Origin access. I've highlighted this once more on the screenshot below:

dlc.PNG

--Tom

Message 6 of 9 (623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, the problem is when you view origin in a windowed rather than fullscreen display mode that blue text that says "Included with Origin Access" follows the title all the way down, is above all of the DLC, etc. That should definitely be changed. 

Message 7 of 9 (617 Views)

Community Manager

@Bainpls

Yeah, we picked that up as well - I agree that it is confusing. I will put in a request to get this changed.

Thanks again for taking the time to point this out to us.

--Tom

Message 8 of 9 (912 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

It gets worse, LONG TIME before I joined and payed for this bullcrap "origin access" I ALREADY had baught the premium deluxe whatnot with ALL addons/DLC's and whatever was possible to add on for several game series Origin offer adding up to several hundred euros and after I payed for and joined "access" 3 of my fully bought and payed for deluxe versions of Origin games suddenly was NOT premium deluxe, but "base games" with access "allowing me" to ad the * I already payed for, and "Origin Access" also f**ed up my desktop icons to some nitwit doublestriped green icons I can no longer change, I hate this *  !!!

Trying to call support outside US is a "get lost looser", trying to direct chats outside US is "get lost".. Well, F***K you.

You want my bloody money in the future, You change your policy !!!

Everyone told me that going to EA was like eating your own turds, but I tried anyway, way to go, the "future of games", eh ?

Finger Up !!!

Worst support service in gaming history, I shpuld know, I am 60 year old and played games since the 1970's and online games for 22 years,but NEVER had to deal with EA...

Origin though,I never had a single problem with , games, support, forum , DLC's or otherwise.

Nice buyup and suppert there, sigh..

Another finger up..

"Premium customer" eh, like you care about ANYTHING bout our payments.

FU.

Message 9 of 9 (375 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs