Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Not interested in Origin Access.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not interested in Origin Access.

★ Apprentice

Hi. I'm not interested in Origin Access, and I just wanted to explain why.

My budget is tight, so a monthly access fee is outside of my budget. I prefer to watch for sales on digital distribution platforms. I passed up the recent 40% sale because the games I wanted were about ten dollars out of my price range.

When they went ten dollars below my price range, in the new sale, I was all over that, but still had some difficulties making the purchase, due to the lack of a shopping cart option. Support was able to walk me through the purchase, but it did trigger 3 separate transactions, which my bank alerted on immediately.

They were nice, but required that I verify the transaction, which I did. If I had a cart option, everything would have been one transaction, and probably wouldn't have alerted my bank.

This doesn't really build confidence in EA or Origin on my part, as a customer. My friends even razzed me about it, saying I should have skipped the purchase entirely.

Once I did make the purchase, the game worked just fine, and I have no complaints there.

But I am not interested in Origin Access. At all.

Message 1 of 2 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I will pass your feedback on to the team @DAW085.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (147 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I will pass your feedback on to the team @DAW085.

Darko

Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs