Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No "Forces of Corruption" in EAW Gold Pack from Access Basic

by Badge003_PL

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No "Forces of Corruption" in EAW Gold Pack from Access Basic

★★★ Novice

I have a problem with Empire at War Gold Pack from Origin Access. When downloaded it just have basic game without Forces of Corruption. Also I don't see it as additional content. I have already tried to Repair the game files, but it didn't fix the problem. Also, I don't see expansion files in installation directory. Description in access clearly states, that Forces of Corruption are included. What's going on?

Message 1 of 3 (928 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Badge003_PL Thank you for this, I think you've uncovered a bit of a weird issue. Forces of corruption should be in your library, but (at least on my system) seems to be hidden. 

In Origin, can you click the Search field in the top left, then start typing "corruption" You should see an image for the Gold Pack populate, if you click on that you should have the option to add and download Forces of Corruption as a separate item from the base game. 

I think you may need to use the search function to launch FOC from within Origin, at least until this is fixed. I'll test on my side when my download completes

You should also get a new FOC folder in Windows, and you should be able to use that instead to launch the game. 

Please let us know if the workaround helps, and thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (919 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Badge003_PL Thank you for this, I think you've uncovered a bit of a weird issue. Forces of corruption should be in your library, but (at least on my system) seems to be hidden. 

In Origin, can you click the Search field in the top left, then start typing "corruption" You should see an image for the Gold Pack populate, if you click on that you should have the option to add and download Forces of Corruption as a separate item from the base game. 

I think you may need to use the search function to launch FOC from within Origin, at least until this is fixed. I'll test on my side when my download completes

You should also get a new FOC folder in Windows, and you should be able to use that instead to launch the game. 

Please let us know if the workaround helps, and thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (920 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

It helped, still a bit weird bug. But I was able to find this "hidden" instalation so now it looks better. I hope you'll be succesfull in fixing it soon, so others would not wander aimlessly over their libraries. Best Regards, and thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (911 Views)
Twitter Stream