Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

It was automatically renewed without payment

by SwimmableBee912

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It was automatically renewed without payment

★★★★ Newbie

Good! I got the card invoice knowing that Origin Access was paid automatically. When I no longer have any payment method registered to the account. I removed it within months of paying for the subscription, but I did not cancel the subscription waiting for it to do so automatically because there is no method to pay for maintaining it.

Does this mean that EA is saving user data even when we request that it be deleted? If so, it is a huge disrespect and a violation of the privacy and security of important user data.

I need a solution to all this problem. I need the money that I didn't even touch back, since I currently don't have Origin installed. What I can do?

(Translated by Google Translator, Sorry).

Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It was automatically renewed without payment

Community Manager

Hey @SwimmableBee912 in order to cancel Origin Access you need to manually go in and end your membership. Simply removing the payment method is not sufficient enough to end your membership. You can cancel your Origin Access membership by following the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin-access/manage-your-origin-access-membership/

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

All Replies

Re: It was automatically renewed without payment

Community Manager

Hey @SwimmableBee912 in order to cancel Origin Access you need to manually go in and end your membership. Simply removing the payment method is not sufficient enough to end your membership. You can cancel your Origin Access membership by following the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin-access/manage-your-origin-access-membership/

Darko

Message 2 of 2 (158 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs