Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Game purchased with Origin Access

by Sonjya00

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game purchased with Origin Access

★★ Novice

Hi, I would like to apply for the free week trial of Origin Access but I didn't understand very clearly what happens to games purchased during the subscription period If I decide to cancel my membership. If I buy a game or a dlc (I'm mostly interested in the Sims expansion packs) with Origin Access during the free week trial, will I be able to keep the titles purchased with the 10% discount even if I decide to cancel my subscription?

Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Game purchased with Origin Access

Community Manager

@Sonjya00 Yep, absolutely.  Any games that are purchased with the Origin Access discount are yours to keep once the time runs out. 

If you're planning to spend over a certain amount you can even save some money overall if you grab an Access subscription. The 10% discount might pay for the subscription, and you'll be able to play a bunch of other games for the month too. 

Thanks for the post, I hope this helps. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Sonjya00 Yep, absolutely.  Any games that are purchased with the Origin Access discount are yours to keep once the time runs out. 

If you're planning to spend over a certain amount you can even save some money overall if you grab an Access subscription. The 10% discount might pay for the subscription, and you'll be able to play a bunch of other games for the month too. 

Thanks for the post, I hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 5 (678 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_David thank you for your reply! I have another question. I have a Mac and when I try to subscribe there's a message that tells me that Origin Access is only for Windows. While I also own a Windows computer and would like to try some games in the Vault from there, I mainly use my Mac to play games that I own. Will I still be able to have discounts and play the games purchased with Origin Access in my Mac even if I subscribe from Windows?
Message 3 of 5 (551 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the question. I think purchases made on PC at the discount would also apply to the Mac version. You'd be buying the PC version but getting a matching mac version with it.

Any Vault games or trials would not be playable on Mac. 

Can I ask what games you'd be looking to purchase?

Message 4 of 5 (461 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

What about if you play a online game with origin premier. then you cancel membership and after a while you decide to come back to the game you played on the membership plan, but rather than going on membership again you buy the game you were playing on membership. Will your progress and characters etc still be available in this scenario?

Message 5 of 5 (101 Views)
Twitter Stream