Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Forgot Origin / EA User Name

by ysroq

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Forgot Origin / EA User Name

★★ Newbie

We bought my son Battlefront for PC.  He created an EA / Origin account on his laptop and downloaded and installed the game, but his laptop did not meet minimum requirements for Battlefront (mainly the graphics card, I think).

A few weeks went by, as I didn't have time to help him.

At this point, he has forgotten his user name and password. He set up a new account, but the registration code for the game is tied to his old account, so he gets an error and cannot download and try the game on my, more powerful, machine.

How can we move his game over to a new user account?  We have tried every user name and email address we have in our house and are completely unable to find his old account that the registration code is tied to.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 4 (525 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Forgot Origin / EA User Name

Community Manager

@ysroq Hey, generally you can't transfer the code, but that shouldn't be an issue. If you reach out to support, they can look at the code and can easily track down the associated game account. If there are any issues with it they can update the account so that you won't have the saem issues going forward. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Once you have your account sorted out, perhaps we can help with any game-related issues that you have. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (615 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@ysroq Hey, generally you can't transfer the code, but that shouldn't be an issue. If you reach out to support, they can look at the code and can easily track down the associated game account. If there are any issues with it they can update the account so that you won't have the saem issues going forward. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Once you have your account sorted out, perhaps we can help with any game-related issues that you have. 

Message 2 of 4 (616 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Thank you! Finding a way to contact support was not easy, which is why I posted here. I will try again, given the link you provided.

Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I am facing the same problem with FIFA 12 game. Have you found any solution then?

Kindly reply it is really frustrating having purchased a game and unable to use it because of forgetting the login details.

Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)
Twitter Stream