Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't Cancel Origin Premier Access Subscription(PC)

by Craft_XIII

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't Cancel Origin Premier Access Subscription(PC)

★★★★ Newbie

1) From the Origin PC app I click on the "Origin" file menu and choose "EA Account and Billing".

2) My default internet browser, Firefox, opens to "https://myaccount.ea.com..."  and I navigate to the "Origin Access" menu tab.

3) A "Cancel Membership" link is positioned  prominently on the page. However, upon clicking it, it simply refreshes the same page I'm already on! 

Hovering the mouse over the link confirms that the destination URL is exactly the same URL as the one displayed in my browser for the current page!

4) Clicking the "Cancel Membership" link again, seemingly randomly, re-directs my browser to the web based Origin sign-in/storefront. 

5) Clicking on "Sign-in" returns either an error message that just says "Error" or a prompt tell me to "Please try again later". 

I've been trying for the past 12 hours... none of the 3 "cancel membership" links that I found in three different locations actually go anywhere!

The "fine print' found on the EA Access subscription SIGN-UP page even has a broken "here" link they use as an example of how "easy" it would be to "cancel anytime" and how you shouldn't be afraid to join.

Be afraid.

Honestly, I was planning to sign-up again in another month when I have more time to play, but now I may be done for good.

Message 1 of 3 (757 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Cancel Origin Premier Access Subscription(PC)

Community Manager

Hey @Craft_XIII

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in Frown I understand that such requests should be processed immediately, so I would recommend contacting our live support via EA Help in the first place. Our game advisers should be able to help you cancel the membership right away.

But it doesn't change the fact that you should be able to cancel it yourself in the first place. Can I ask if you've tried to clear Origin cache or reinstall the app?

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (740 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Craft_XIII

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in Frown I understand that such requests should be processed immediately, so I would recommend contacting our live support via EA Help in the first place. Our game advisers should be able to help you cancel the membership right away.

But it doesn't change the fact that you should be able to cancel it yourself in the first place. Can I ask if you've tried to clear Origin cache or reinstall the app?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

0\

Message 3 of 3 (263 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs