Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can I purchase Origin Access as a gift

by Nirkon

Original Post

Hero (Retired)
@whippett63 That is not good advice, as it is an automatically recurring subscription it doesn't rely on the payment method remaining on your account. If you read the terms & conditions when subscribing, it states that EA will collect payment information from the bank directly, so in this case the payments would keep being deducted from the person who initiated the subscription.
Message 11 of 23 (1,675 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

How about a 1 month only subscription gift? Like you can do on twitch..

Message 12 of 23 (1,513 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Can't believe you cant purchase it as a gift...

and also you can't purchase preorders as a gift, what gives???

Message 13 of 23 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I have a friend that has an account but not Premir Access and i was going to buy him one year for his B-day but I guess i will have to get him a gift card and tell him to get it him self....Lame Especially cause right now if i got him the Access he would get Anthem with all the extras....sad....I am surprised I mean what better way to convince someone to subscribe to the service than to let other buy them service and get them hooked...you guys need to start thinking more like drug dealers. lol

Message 14 of 23 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko add me to the list of folks interested in giving Origin access as a gift.

Not a particular game, but the ability to check out games for 10 hours and then buy.

This is a "problem" that has no reason to exist.

It is a subscription ... so what.

The subscription expires and either they renew it ( having enjoyed it ) or they don't.

EA only misses out on money by not offering this.

◦ how has the stock been doing?

Oops

Thanks for your time, I know you're not an executive, so no worries. :eahigh_file:

Message 15 of 23 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko +1 for wanting to purchase a 12-month Premier subscription as a birthday gift <3
Message 16 of 23 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please do pass it on. I’ve been waiting for this decision. I’ve a subscription I’d like to purchase for someone as well. 

Message 17 of 23 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Greetings...

I am adding my two cents to this topic in the hopes that it will become a reality. I was interested in doing a giveaway for a month premier access to my channel subscribers, and am quite sad that I cannot do this. 

Until that time...

Message 18 of 23 (913 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I 100% agree that this needs to happen!

Take my money!

Message 19 of 23 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

You can pay with paypal, right? Just send them money or a voucher(there was such a thing, right? and even usable under guest login, probably).

Message 20 of 23 (709 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs