Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can I purchase Origin Access as a gift

by nikitas10

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I purchase Origin Access as a gift

★ Newbie

Is it possible to give someone access to Origin Access? Can I purchase it as a gift?

Message 1 of 24 (25,381 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Can I purchase Origin Access as a gift

★★★★ Novice

Nope. Due to it being a subscription service you can not gift it. 

The alternative would be to go the old school route and give someone the money to buy it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (27,901 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Nope. Due to it being a subscription service you can not gift it. 

The alternative would be to go the old school route and give someone the money to buy it.

Message 2 of 24 (27,902 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Isn't that kind of a stupid business decision? If someone wants to buy Access for someone who would not normally pay for it...uh Isn't EA just turning down money and the opportunity to sell their products?

Message 3 of 24 (25,243 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Yes it is stupid and they are turning down money. I hate this. I want to buy a 1 year subscription for a friend and I can't. This makes no sense to me.
Message 4 of 24 (23,048 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@McSkookum Currently, we do not offer giftable subscriptions to other users. I will pass your feedback on to the team as this is something that is constantly being looked at. 

Message 5 of 24 (23,031 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

*, I want to give my girlfriend Bf5 as a gift. 

Steams system is good where you can give gifts, would be awesome if it was possible here also.

Message 6 of 24 (23,018 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@VaaltynBossieIf you just want to buy her the one game, that is already possible. Just click the drop-down arrow next to "Get the Game" (or "View in Library" if you already have it yourself), and there you'll see an option to purchase as a gift. Once the game becomes available of course, as currently you cannot buy Battlefield V yet.

Message 7 of 24 (22,976 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thx for the reply. I was looking for todays options   and couldent find the ”gift option” to pre-purcase the game   

Message 8 of 24 (22,967 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@VaaltynBossie Yes I don't think it's available for preorder yet. But once it is, there should be an option to buy as gift.
Message 9 of 24 (22,912 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Just make an account for that person give them the passwords give it prime for however long you want and remove your payment method before you give it to them 

Message 10 of 24 (22,030 Views)
Twitter Stream