Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Buy Origin Access with prepaid credit cards

by Majors

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buy Origin Access with prepaid credit cards

★★★★ Newbie

When will Origin Access support prepaid credit cards ? Nearly every subscription service besides EA supports those already.

Message 1 of 10 (1,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@DoofaDog

I think you are mistaking the difference between a pre-paid credit card, and an Origin cash card. 

You can purchase the Origin cash card to add funds to your EA Wallet, and to do that you do not need credit card. Does that clarify your questions?

--Tom

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,598 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@HISTORY_1995

Origin Access memberships are not payable via pre-paid cards, please monitor the following link for any change on this:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin-access/origin-access-details/

Origin Access memberships are payable through credit card, PayPal, and your EA Wallet.

• If you live in Russia, you can't use a credit card for recurring payments. You can use one for standard transactions.

Find help for payment problems with our articles:

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 10 (1,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so why on the back of the cards dose it say no credit card required 

Message 3 of 10 (1,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i wont  expect  a  answer. i asked the same a year ago and this card is still been sold. still no repl from last year

Message 4 of 10 (1,252 Views)

Community Manager

@DoofaDog

I think you are mistaking the difference between a pre-paid credit card, and an Origin cash card. 

You can purchase the Origin cash card to add funds to your EA Wallet, and to do that you do not need credit card. Does that clarify your questions?

--Tom

Message 5 of 10 (1,599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ok thank you that  i was mistaking the difference between a pre-paid credit card, and an Origin cash card. 

thanks 

Message 6 of 10 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@EA_Tom I hate to stir, but I would be confused too...

The gift card clearly states: "Use THIS GIFT CARD for Origin Purchases, including... Origin Access subscription." Even without saying anything else, one is led to believe that the monetary value of the gift card by itself would be sufficient. I'm sensitive to these statements, as a business owner myself, having to always carefully consider the accuracy of printed information being presented to customers.

Message 7 of 10 (1,229 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yes very misleading and confusing.. I want to purchase 12months ea access membership for my nephew but dont want to add my bank / paypal details to his account for obvious reasons. What options is there for situations like this ?

Message 8 of 10 (1,202 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Copy that same situation 5 kids 3 different houses 3 Origin Access subscriptions and one EA. The cards work to load funds for my kids to purchase games that arn't in the vault and I had to use paypal for the subscriptions. they even denied my free month on the second 2 accounts because I paid with the same paypal.

Message 9 of 10 (1,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, he may be mistaking EA gift cards and prepaid credit cards, but I'm not. I have a prepaid mastercard, work card, and I get this error when i try to use it. "We're sorry, prepaid cards aren't eligible for use with an Origin Access membership. Please enter a valid credit card number to continue." I mean, it even has mastercard logo... I was also told by support that debit cards aren't supported. Great business move EA, deny payments from the most popular methods, see how long you stay afloat.

If this is still an issue when consoles stop existing, EA will stop existing too... I'm guessing that, since they don't offer the most popular payment methods on origin, then the majority of their income comes from console sales, so, console sales stop, EA's biggest source of income stops, it's bankruptcy. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,037 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs