Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Being forced to opt-in to Origin Access when trying to purchase Strangervill

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Being forced to opt-in to Origin Access when trying to purchase Strangerville..

★★ Newbie

Really now not impressed with the sales method here, instead of being able to buy the game pack individually today you're trying to add a few more extra sales by the paywall of origin access to be able to even access the option to purchase The Sims Strangerville.

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Being forced to opt-in to Origin Access when trying to purchase Strangervill

Community Manager

@Halafang 

There are no forced opt-ins. You can just use the Buy Now button below where it says "Not interested in joining today?"

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (211 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
I found that an issue too, im sure they will say the system messed it up. the way I found around this paywall is to log into the game and purchase the pack that way.
Message 2 of 6 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I am being offered Digital delux when i click on Strangeville. I cannot open the strangeville window to purchase. i am beginning to just say heck with it

Message 3 of 6 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

When I click on it it says I need to turn on origin in-game to even look at it.

Message 4 of 6 (229 Views)
Highlighted

@samanthajo2007 @Halafang @spottsmom @starburst420 you can try using this link:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-strangerville

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 6 (214 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Halafang 

There are no forced opt-ins. You can just use the Buy Now button below where it says "Not interested in joining today?"

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)
Twitter Stream