Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Battlefield 1 Crash on Server Join

by platimnum_bear

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Crash on Server Join

★★★★ Novice

I bought Origin Access, and played through the first single player story in Battlefield 1. After that my download finished, and I was told I could play the multiplayer. I can select multiplayer and game mode, and it will queue up for a server. Then, however, Battlefield 1 closes without an error message. Help?

Message 1 of 9 (911 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Crash on Server Join

Community Manager

@platimnum_bear

Hi,

several things that you can try:

• Right-click Battlefield 1 in Origin and select Repair Game
  • Go to your Documents\Battlefield 1\Settings folder and delete the Profsave files - this resets your Battlefield configuration and resolves any errors related to your settings.

Let me know if that helps.

--Tom

Message 2 of 9 (882 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. This is really frustrating because playing BF1 was the biggest perk I saw towards getting Origin Access. I've tried a million different things and all I have to show for it is 2 hours of my gametime gone to the main menu

Message 3 of 9 (869 Views)

Community Manager

@JDHTHEGR8

Did the steps in my previous post do anything for you? Are you getting an error message when BF1 crashes?

It would also help if you reply to this thread with a dxdiag - you can add the file by selecting Reply and Choose File.

--Tom

Message 4 of 9 (857 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

No your "tips" dont help and you know it. You just copy/pasted some random fix-tip from battlefield 4 forums.
We are thousands of people who cant join any servers now.
So glad I only bought 10 hour trial. Already lost 2 hours of trying to fix and join servers.
We all know ea/dice wont help us.
Just look at the houndreds of forum threads everywhere with this same problem.
This is BUGfield 4 all over again.

Message 5 of 9 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why would graphics settings crash the game when you're trying to join a server but not single player?

Message 6 of 9 (840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OR the update * over everyone on the trial.

Message 7 of 9 (828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll be kinder because I know you're just doing your job and going through the formalities. Unfortunately I have tried both of those before and neither worked. Here's the DxDiag

Message 8 of 9 (827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I've tried both of the methods to no avail. The problems of the program ending directly before it enters the game still persists.

Message 9 of 9 (817 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs