Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Account deletion on hold for a year

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account deletion on hold for a year

★★★★ Novice

I've been calling and live chatting for weeks with no solution for my problem.

I order an account deletion (Email address A) last year (2017) and EA never deleted.

A few weeks ago I bought Battlefield 1 on my PS4 (which is signed up with the same email address) and got the invalid account message. It's been weeks I've been trying to play that game, this is not only frustrating but unacceptable. All I've got from EA so far were promises that my account would be deleted soon. I wonder how soon would be, since it's been almost a year to delete a simple account with no games on it. I even tried asking for a account swapping with my main address: (Email address B) and cancel the deletion process, which they told me it's not possible. I even have recorded calls with people at EA telling me the deletion should be taking 72 hours, and it's been 2 weeks now.

I really need someone to come up with a solution. Not here, not anywhere in this world is acceptable waiting this long to have an account deleted nor waiting weeks to play a game.  

Message 1 of 6 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @schuzstfflHC sorry to hear that you are having issues but this is not something which we can help you with on AHQ.

If you are having account based issues then you will need to speak with our live support.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (413 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @schuzstfflHC sorry to hear that you are having issues but this is not something which we can help you with on AHQ.

If you are having account based issues then you will need to speak with our live support.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Message 2 of 6 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done that before, so many times you just can not fathom. Getting the same answer is not something I expect from a company this size. But of course, given the EA reputation, you can expect anything, even no real support for a year.

I came here looking for real answers, Darko, not some robotic reply. Do you guys have any idea how frustrating this is? I never had an issue that could not be addressed by any game company, and right now I've been fighting this long for a simple account deletion. This is ludicrous!

Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

Community Manager

I understand that you are frustrated but issues relating to accounts such as this are not something which we can discuss with you on AHQ. If you have questions or concerns relating to your account then you will need to speak with our live support advisers. 

Darko

Message 4 of 6 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice
How about this? A month later with many contacts with the so efficient live supporter and no one ever solved it. I don't really know what's the science behind taking almost two years now to delete ONE account. Talking to support won't help, trying to find answers here won't help either.This is the worst experience ever with a game company.
Message 5 of 6 (244 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

As I have advised, we on AHQ are unable to discuss your account with you @schuzstfflHC.

If your account deletion is taking as long as you claim then this is something which you need to discuss with our live support as there is nothing we can do on AHQ.

Darko

Message 6 of 6 (209 Views)

Origin Access FAQ

Learn about Origin Access and the benefits of signing up.

Visit the FAQs