Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Betreff: Account banned for doing nothing on Anthem launch day :(

by Nagiluom

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Account banned for doing nothing on Anthem launch day :(

★★★ Novice

So I just bought Origin Premier a few days ago and played some Anthem in the open beta and some Apex and NFS and now when I wanted to Log in for Anthem early launch, I get this : "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and when I went to the support website to make a ticket I find out that my account is Banned for no reason, I have never used hack or cheats or anything in my life. I even got an email saying that my Premier Subscription was canceled .. Disappointed 

Please Help Frown . I made a ticket but I don;t want to wait 72h for a response because I did not do anything. I wanna play Anthem Frown

Message 1 of 10 (1,322 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

@zRaress 

Please confirm your issue is resolved at this time, thanks.

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,273 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

if you didnt do anything and got a ban for no reason, you just have to wait 60-120 minutes, maybe its an automatic ban system for whatever.

otherwise you havent payed your premier access.

also another reason is, you have a third party software on your pc opened or in background and origin/anthem think it is a hackersoftware.

if it wont help you to find it or deinstall it, try to reach someone about official twitter or facebook anthem/origin pages.

if it wont help, you have to wait the time, so im sorry but hope i could help you.

Message 2 of 10 (1,315 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
So for sure I paid for my Premier access : EA *ORIGIN.COM Type Temporary Transactions $18.47 it is still processing , but even then they wouldn't ban me for the payment not going through...
I already waited like 3 hours and nothing happened.
I don't understand what third party software could there be on my PC.
I'll try to reach someone on the official twitter or something but this is just sooooo sad .. Frown

Thank you for your reply !
Message 3 of 10 (1,313 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 10 (1,307 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@zRaress 

Please confirm your issue is resolved at this time, thanks.

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,274 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hey there!

I've the very same problem. I played the 10 hour trial and thought it's not as bad as the usual AAA Title. I change to premiere to keep playing on played a lot of hours on Sunday. Today i can' log into my account. Tried a lot of troubleshooting and an extensive web search. The most possible source is a suspension of some kind. No notification at all only "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later." at the login. Now i opened a case and i should wait at least 72, all the while the answer HQ people write that support haven't gotten back to them in a month? That's a pretty terrible service which i've payed for some time now.

Please help to correct this!

Message 6 of 10 (1,207 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ii've found help.

logged out of help.ea.com and made a new contact case. Suddenly i could chose what to use as a contact case category. Then i had the option to get into live chat with a supporter. We verified my account and reset it so my old email and a new password. Then he reactivated my login. Might have been something to with me changing mail-address and password on the same day i changed my subscription.

Message 7 of 10 (1,169 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Barry can you be banned for using a VPN? I know a couple guys that got banned on other games for using it. Most people don't realize you can not use a VPN on most games.

Message 8 of 10 (1,145 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

As far as i can tell VPN Ban is stated in every TOS of every online service ever. The question is: Do you enforce it? I'm living in an authoritarian state and face severe punishment for wrong think. So going online without a VPN is not an option. Usually it becomes only a problem if you buy from foreign country's for lower prices.

Message 9 of 10 (1,141 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Issue was resolved. Got help from twitter and then I got connected to a online chat with an EA employee and my issue was fixed, it was a suspicious activity temp ban and it was lifted after I confirmed my identity and email and enabled two factor authentication on my ea account.

Message 10 of 10 (1,030 Views)
Twitter Stream