Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why does only EA games crash?

by Kyle_Ragnador

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Guide

This is something new/else.

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Battlefield™ V because of this error.

you could try to change cables for C:\   . change the Sata port if its on SATA

use crystaldisk to check your storage device.

Dont forget to install the chipsetdrivers and storage drivers if avaiable from your mainboard manufactor.

you tried CHKDSK?

rightclick BFV in your Origin folder and click repair.

Message 11 of 21 (656 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Kyle_Ragnador

- Changed SATA cable and port on mobo for C drive (SSD). 

- CHKDSK output attached.

crystaldisk log file attached.

- Chipset and SSD drivers are latest.

- Repaired BFV in Origin.

- Also ran, sfc /scannow , output below.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

I then found an extension cable for the PSU so that I can connect a second rail to the GPU, did this. I then attempted to play another round of SC, frames kept fluctuating from 200-34. experienced hectic stutter in-game. 

Event logs after this crash are exactly the same as the ones provided in my previous post.

I guess I'll have to buy a modular PSU this coming week and send my GPU in for testing and possible replacement.

Any other suggestions?

On a side note, I can play BF4 on Ultra and game doesn't crash...

Message 12 of 21 (649 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Novanon_ZA

which one the "Driver crash" one or the "cannot read" one

Message 13 of 21 (647 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Kyle_Ragnador Both, see below.

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Battlefield™ V because of this error.

Program: Battlefield™ V
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.64411, time stamp: 0x5c3644c4
Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.64411, time stamp: 0x5c3644c4
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a2455b
Faulting process id: 0x1114
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af57ea67b59d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Report Id: f15a0a15-356d-4071-90a3-0fb65df9a249
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 14 of 21 (645 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Kyle_Ragnador @EA_Darko 

Any other suggestions?

Message 15 of 21 (614 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Novanon_ZA

Only a test. You have the gpu vram limit activated in bfv.  

You should check if there is a different behavior if you use Fullscreen or Borderless mode.

Message 16 of 21 (602 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Kyle_Ragnador vram limit in bf5 is disable. I'll enable it and test. Will let you know of the outcome soonest.

Currently just busy reinstalling Windows and all drivers.

Message 17 of 21 (596 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Novanon_ZA

Status?

it could be HBCC memory segment (Vega specific feature) is causing issues with BFV especially with no vram restriction settings.

Message 18 of 21 (571 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@Kyle_Ragnador

I was able to run BF5 stable last night, played 7 rounds with no crash, what I did:

- Revert back using only one rail from PSU to GPU, found that this makes no difference as modern PSUs are standard multirail for safety reasons.

- Enabled GPU Memory Restriction, my GPU is a Vega56 8GB and it doesn't make sense how BF5 can use more than 8 GB of vram, but whatever.

- Clean uninstalled AMD Graphics driver version 19.1.1 and installed version 18.12.2

- Renamed "Battlefield V" folder in Documents to allow it to be recreated, as I was concerned there could be corrupted files in it.

- Reverted back to using DX11 in-game. DX12 and AMD are clearly not friends.

After all this was done, my BF5 seems to be stable for now. Take note that after each change I tested by opening the BF5 menu and the menu crashed almost immediately. Bearing in mind that I had just enough time to change the GPU Mem Restriction before it crashed again. 

For now it seems that my stability issus have been resolved. 

Thank you for all the assistance.

See you on the battlefield 

Message 19 of 21 (1,673 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Novanon_ZA

Nice to hear that my idea seems to have solve your problem.

have fun in BFV

Message 20 of 21 (509 Views)
Twitter Stream