Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Battlefield V Premiere and Deluxe / Standard combination

by JanePhoenix

Original Post

Highlighted

Battlefield V Premiere and Deluxe / Standard combination

★ Novice

Hello y'all,

Sadly i am not able to find a proper answer to this after scouring through the internet. I want to play BFV as early as possible because why not, so i figured i'll get Origin Access Premiere for a month in October shortly before launch of BFV and cancel it a few weeks later since I do not want to keep the Origin Access Premier subscription going for more than one month. This means that after my Premiere subscription runs out, i'll have to buy the game regularily - so far thats easily understood.

However, this does throw a questionmark in my way:

I know i'll basically get the Deluxe edition through Premier along with all the preorder stuff. I also know that i keep my progress. But when the subscription runs out, what happens to the ingame Deluxe version stuff if i buy the Standard edition instead? The customization elements, the airdrops, the special assignments and so on, everything thats part of the Deluxe version, will that stuff be removed or will it stay?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (2,908 Views)
Highlighted

Hello @w1schmop

You only have access to Deluxe content if you continue with Origin Access Premier, after cancel your subscription you only have accesss to content that you buy (standard version)

Message 2 of 7 (2,842 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't quite clear up the issue. Sure, if it was access to certain DLC or maps, i would understand that stuff is unaccessible if i only buy the standard edition.

However there are literal unlocks like skins and consumeable stuff like the airdrops, which, once used, cannot be taken anymore - or can they?
Message 3 of 7 (2,833 Views)
Highlighted

@w1schmop

Here you can see all contents:

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy?setLocale=en-us

All content from Access Premier is removed after cancel or expire subscription:

-20 weekly items

-Special assignements

-Paratrooper Gear

-Five BF1 weapons

-Early access (it doesn't matter cause game is already launched)

Message 4 of 7 (2,822 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

And what if i buy the deluxe edition? 

Do i keep all the pre order stuff too, or is it gone, because it wasn't a "pre-order" anymore? 

I bought Premier to play the game as early as possible but i still want to keep the pre order stuff. 

Edit: Oh i see.. you can still pre order the game even if you have access premier, am i right? So the game will be bought anyways and is still ready to play when premier runs out? 

Message 5 of 7 (2,357 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@LostSoldier271 Yes you can still preorder, then you will keep the game and the preorder bonuses when you cancel your subscription.
Message 6 of 7 (2,327 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Since no one answered your question here, I'm wondering if you had gone through with it and could share what you discovered.  I assume the special assignments stopped, but were the early unlocks (BF1 weapons) somehow removed?  Were the weekly items you received up to that point removed?  How about outfit(s)?

Message 7 of 7 (644 Views)
Twitter Stream