Unfair Match-making

by dantindt

Original Post

Unfair Match-making

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Why are some multiplayer games sooo unevenly matched? Sometimes it's ranks 1-3 vs players, ranks 10+. How's that fair? These matches end so quickly it's not even fun.

Message 1 of 3 (963 Views)

Re: Unfair Match-making

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It's a truly randomized system which does not take Player Ranking into consideration nor does it pay any attention to how long a player has been playing.

The same can be said of how the teams are assembled- it's all completely random.

Usually this isn't a really big issue because you can have a cross section of different skill levels regardless of what a players actual Rank might be, but it can lead to some incredible lopsided matches on the edge cases.

A couple of weeks ago I joined some friends for a game of Turf Takeover and as it turned out our team had six Players at maximum rank (5455), including myself, against an opposing team where nobody exceeded Rank 500. To say the least it was not "fair" and the opposing team was steamrolled for one game and the top spots were all dominated by 5455 Ranked Players, after which more than half the opposing team left and the game reshuffled the teams.

After that randomized reshuffle things were "evened" out a bit more in regards to the higher ranked players.

Message 2 of 3 (944 Views)

Re: Unfair Match-making

★ Guide

same thing here, on 5/7/17 (last night when writing this), I was playing turf at Zombopolis, and all of a sudden, teammates start leaving until I was all that left, (I was a zombie by the way) and I was against 2 5455's 3 3000+ and 2  000+

you call that fair. don't complain, the pro's were sunflowers and kept reviving the ones I Vanquished and stopped trying to shoot me and start jumping around teasing me, for anyone, it can't get worse than that. 

Message 3 of 3 (937 Views)