Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

ANTHEM

by ORANGE-EXPRESS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ANTHEM

★★★ Guide

My daughter wants this game. I am worried as a parent. Are there many female players in this game?

Message 1 of 4 (385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ANTHEM

Community Manager

Hey @ORANGE-EXPRESS 

You can play as a female Freelancer and talk to many female characters in the game. The Javelins are gender-neutral, so even if she meets other players in the game, she won't be able to tell if they're female or not.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (339 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ORANGE-EXPRESS 

You can play as a female Freelancer and talk to many female characters in the game. The Javelins are gender-neutral, so even if she meets other players in the game, she won't be able to tell if they're female or not.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thanks for your advice.

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ORANGE-EXPRESS.  Hi.  Curious here as to how things turned out? 

My daughter wasn't interested in Anthem, once it came to light that it was 4-player squad based.  Can't really blame her for it, having also encountered confusing to hostile situations as a new player in group settings (dungeon runs) for MMOs such as World of Warcraft, Aion, and the likes.  In Anthem you're pretty much shielded from such, as there is at the moment no text chat windows.  The in-game voice chat even when enabled, is, for the most part, non-existent, as it takes a blue moon falling from the sky to get squad members to break the silence.  This I understand can be disabled so you can't hear anyone voice chatting, should they speak.

As for how many females play Anthem, only EA would know the statistics on this.  I saw a javelin the other day, dressed out entirely in pink.  In this day and age, you could easily lose a bet trying to guess that player's gender, unless you were in a third-party voice chat server.  Which by the way, may be an option for her, if you could find such a gaming community on Discord.

If by chance you all haven't purchased Anthem and would like to try it out,  there is always the EA Origin subscription.  Try it for a month and cancel for whatever reason should things not be suitable.  As for the current content of Anthem, I personally would wager that this is just the first installment or Act (Act I, II & III... etc).  

Happy Trails to you and daughter.

Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help